Choosing Career Goal with MYCAA..Help?!

edited June 2012 in Military moms
Ifinally made an account but havent submited a career goal. Im having the toughest time choosing! My moms husband suggested Mecldical Coding. His mom does that.

My biggest fear is picking something and completely failing. I wish the website would have a small paragraph stating what each job title is. Im so tired of googling for the description.

How long does it take to have my request approved once i choose a career?

Comments

• @Leggs2011 It's pretty quick. I'm going for Associates in Science (medical assisting) as well as billing coding and transcription. Only the AAS through Mycaa though. Whatever school you choose to go to should have a career description under each program/degree
  • Also, you can call Mycaa and your degree auditor can push it through quicker for you.
  • Medical Coding is HARD! I took a course in it along with a course in Medical Assisting..way easier imo.
  • not hard, just frustrating as hell. I contemplated homicide during the 10key part, after that it wasn't so bad
  • Im afraid of choosing something and having to memorize a bunch of info. Ive never been good at memorizing stuff. Like simples things such as the wars. idk all the names or when they were.
    @cetheridge oh duh good point. i'll have to check out the schools list. it'd be iusb. thanks :)
  • @Leggs2011 Not sure you qualify but you can use PELL grant alongside Mycaa. Cause Mycaa only covers tuition not books.
  • Never heard of them. I'll do some research. I planned on looking for some type of other govt funding to help with schooling. Thank you :) @cetheridge
  • I have no idea what job to choose either :(