thermometers

What is a good ear thermometer? Someone gave us the graco one and it sucks! So I have been taking her temp underneath her arm cause when I use the ear one it reads 96.4 but when I take it under her arm it reads 97.7. Aren't ear thermometers suppose to be more reliable than under the arm? I need to get a good ear one but didn't think it was that unreliable.

Comments

• When i was with my ex we used a thermometer that took the temp by touch on his sons forhead it worked very well :) also auxliary temp (under arm) you need to add on more degree like if it was 97.7 it be 98.7 at least that is what the doc told me when we had to take my exs son to the hosipital for recation to a bug bite
  • im not too sure about an ear thermometer but we have a great one and takes her temp in less than a second its the exergen temperal thermometer its $20 at walmart and worth every penny!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have an ear one, her doctor recommended it. It was super expensive.
  • I use a walgreens brand it takes under the arm and forehead. Under the arm u do add a degree.
  • @mama_kat I thought the ear ones were more accurate then under the arm?
    @aubreysmommy @candy101 all my research says to not add the degree but to tell the doc where you took it at so they know and they can decide on wither to add it or not.
    @fate I have a feeling we will be spending a good amount of $$ on one but at least I know it'll last a few yrs(at least I would hope so)
  • @mama_kat things change so often.
    @sophiasmom11 oh good to know!
    @homebirthasvocate I'm not comfortable taking it rectally.
  • At the daycare we are required by law to use an ear thermometer. We at home use the same as at work and it is the Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer with ExacTemp Technology one... We have never has issues with it and it ran the same temp as rectally when we tested it.
  • @lilbit01_209 good to know. Can I ask how much it was?
    @mama_kat yes it is!
  • @trixiesmom8 Truthfully not for sure. We bought it a while ago. But Amazon has it...
  • Ok its $39 at amazon...
  • @lilbit01_209 oh that's not bad...I was expecting it to be wayy more lol