Potty training ???

edited June 2012 in Ages & Stages
My son just turned 1 and is already walking my oldest is 7 so I cant remember but is it too early to potty train what do you ladies think??

Comments

• There r a million different veiws on potty training. In my opinion 1 is way too early. Its best (imo) to wait until he shows interest in it.
  • @mommyof3girls I kindda feel like he is to small but my mother in law kind of brought it up so I wanted to get opinions
  • Go w ur gut feeling on it. :) but at one, his little body really isnt ready (just my opinion, tho). Good luck tho. Potty training is no fun. Lol.
  • I'd say wait till he starts showing interest. 1 is pretty young to start imo. You just don't want to start to early and push him into it
  • honestly, i started at 2 and it was hard.. extremely difficult, i doubt that i would ever start at the age of 1 , if at 2 i had to clean pee and poop from everywhere i cant imagine how it would be so soon..
  • There was another post about training early just the other day. My sister and I were trained by 13 months, my mom and her siblings all around a year. Ive just started with my daughter at one. It can be done, but its your choice obviously. I think that kids are like sponges. They will absorb what's around them. I personally think that it'd be easier the earlier you do it, cause then there are no bad habits to correct. Again, just my opinion!
  • @all Thanks ladies Ill wait a lil longer I want him to stay lil forever but I know thats impossible so I dont mind to baby him a lil longer :)
  • Just remember that whenever you start, it's about rewards, not punishments.
  • @Mom2ING Exactly! We used stickers mainly, but if they filled the whole potty calendar week, they got a toy/surprise. I honestly can't wait to start with Corri. She shows so much interest in the big potty already!
  • @Mom2ING Wow 6 months thats crazy but your right @Fate Yes I know Im not the one to normally punish neways unless its nesessary thank god my almost 7 yr old has turned out pretty good lol bit I think Im gonna hold off atleast till he cam somewhat communicate all he says now is mom dad and tt (bottle) lol
  • i was just about to post about this.
    i brought up introducing the potty to my hubby, and he was like wtf hes to young.
    but i feel like, if i introduce it he might show intrest sooner - i mean hes alrealy playing in it lol! hes 13 months, so maybe ill wait another month to introduce :-D
  • @devins_mommy lol we,opened his potty seat last week its the kind that claps when u press the flush handle so he sits next to it just pressing it constantly I sat him on it with the diaper just to see his reaction and he just got up and walked away lol but im just gonna leave it out ans see if shows interest in it @BlessedTxMom thanks for the website :)
  • yeah, i was thinking about getting one of those fun pottys. but i thought.. if i teach him on the portable potty, am i gunna have to re-train on the big potty? @Yeseniadiaz59
  • I dont think so with my oldest thats how I did it I think its been so long I dont even remember lol @devins_mommy