Where did your water break? How did you handle it?

edited July 2012 in First time moms
Tell me your experiences...
Did you get water all over the place or was it not that much??

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My doctor broke mine. He didnt warn me. It gushed out EVERYWHERE!!!
  • Mine broke at home, just after I was done pooping. I walked outside, SPLASH! Yes, it was A LOT! I was excited, but more scared because she was a little early. I called my birthing center and they seemed like they didn't believe me, "WELL, I guess you'll have to come and we'll check to see if it was your water........" Oddly, mine did have a smell. It smelled almost like a bunch of pennies. They said it can smell a bit metallic.
  • Mine broke naturally and it was crazy everywhere! Also looked like pea soup because of him pooping inside. So glad it waited till I was at the birth center! So scared next time of being in public!
  • @Mama_Kat & @mmy21nttc LUCKY!!

@mmy21nttc I always worry about my water breaking in public omg.. Like should i carry towels and whatnot wherever I go?? Lol
  • My husband is a preacher and Im SO nervous mine is.going to bust all.over while we are in church and him pteaching. I always tell him, if people around me start shouting whild.you are preaching, know its my water! Lol!
  • I was walking the halls at the hospital and sat down on the bed to talk to my mom in the phone and felt like I peed myself. I told her I'd have to call her I back I thought my water broke lol. Sure enough it had.
  • @MorgDeeBee Your lucky you were already in the hospital :)

@1stwoodsbaby lmao as long as he doesnt stop everything hes doing while preaching once he finds out lol that would be more embarassing...
  • @fate I swear to gosh it smells like comit and comit to me smells like spermys lol idk why
  • Not even kiddin I have smelt that all three times
  • I dont know what mine smelled like.
    But it broke at home two hours into my contractions.
    It was mainly a slow leak that would gush a little with each contraction I had
  • Mine broke driving to the store, was at a rest light.glad it wasnt in the store lol. Went home than headed to the hospital since I was only 34 wks.
  • Sitting on the couch at home with my first. I screamed, jumped up and ran to the bathroom. I somehow managed to not get a drop anywhere but the bathroom too. My second the doctor broke it and I dont remember gushing or anything.
  • (might be TMI)

Woke up at 5-5:30 to go potty and thought I pee'd on myself, brushed it off as that and went back to sleep. Woke up again like 2 hours later and the same thing happened. I of course brushed it off...and I really felt embarassed cause I thought I was going potty lol. Woke up for the day around 9 I think it was, got up and it happened again. That's when I told hubby that I think maybe I could have? I guess I didn't want false hope LOL. I started getting bags packed very slowly, then around noonish I felt a HUGE cramp and then a gush of water came out. I jumped in the bath, did my hair and make-up and got the rest of the bags packed and left to the hospital.
  • my water broke up home on a monday @12 am i woke up to go to the restroom and went back to bed got back up a few mins later cuz i felt somthing wierd and my panies were wet i woke up my husbnand and he was half asleep and i said honey i think my water broke and he said go back to bed lol. so i layed on the couch and called my work to say i was not coming in.i had to put a towl down there and as soon as it broke i got contractions.i wanted to wait and not rush to the hospital so he woke up around 6 and we droped off the dogs at the inlaws and went to the hospital .
  • @CristinaLynn I love how calm you were through it all. It could be because you've had other kids.. :)
  • edited July 2012
    My water had actually been leaking for about a week. It was only a teaspoon or so at a time when I shifted positions. I was naive at the time, so thought I was just to the point of pregnancy where I started peeing myself. Hah Then the morning I had him, I woke up with what I thought was food poisoning. I went to the bathroom 3 times and after that I realized maybe it was labor, not IBS. I went to the hospital, and when they checked me I was 3.5cm dilated. In L&D after I got my epidural is when my water broke completely. It was a big gush and shortly after my son was born. Any day now for you :)
  • @AishaMusha I was really calm lol. My Husband was the one freaking out going omgosh babe, let's just go to the hospital now. I was like baby...I haven't even had a contraction, calm down, the baby isn't coming right now LOL. It's definetly because I've had other babies haha...I just know when baby is coming, and I didn't feel it at that moment. Idk...I wanted to honestly stay at home, but went because he was freaking out. Omgosh a baseball bat would have been handy at that moment LMAO :-p
  • I was at home pregnant with my first when I felt and heard a pop. Mine only trickled! Stu had gone to visit his friend in hospital and had turned his phone off but his friend said oh no turn it back on its ok in this ward. Stu said it would be funny as I could have left him a message saying my water broke and low and behold it had! I washed the pots then phoned my mum! Was pretty calm even though I was alone but contractions hadnt started so that's maybe why!
  • @RTMommy Yeah everyones been telling me that lately, like when am I gonna have the baby already. Like only if I could plan it lol. Now im like should I risk going outside or no. :)

@CristinaLynn Lmao aww you wouldve thought he'd be used to it all by now :D ...
  • I was in the hospital getting stress test done and Makenzie wasn't moving much so they decided to induce me so i had all those meds. The next day around 8:00pm (I was on pitocin) and i felt what felt like she had kicked me really hard! then i rolled and whooosh! it was just a weird feeling lol then at 10:26pm I had her
  • Mine didn't break until in active labor in the hospital and doctor broke it both times.

Btw, less than ten percent of women have theirs break naturally or outside of hospital prior to labor.
  • At home as I was using the bathroom it wasn't that big of a deal then it was just slowly leaking so I put pad down until it was done.
  • My dr broke mine after o got my epidural!
  • Doc broke my son's and my daughter's broke while I was pushing (about 30 seconds before she crowned). Lol my daughter's almost hit the doctor!
  • mine broke when i went to get up to pee in the middle of the night. my husband got up cuz he heard me moving around. he was like is everything ok? i said i think my water broke, and as soon as i said that it gushed all over The floor (i was naked) he got this horrified expression.lol
  • Mine broke while I was watering the lawn I said I think my water broke haah just kiddin went to the bath nothin than I stood up and bam started leakin it was a nice sunny day and once my water broke the skys turned black and it started pouring lol I guess the say when it rains it poured got to the docs and I 4 cm dilated