weakend cervix questions

I had my lo in feb and had a bad labour 5 days of contractions varying in strength and time between then when I fineally had her was an hour nd a half/2 hours worth or strong painfull contractions very close literally a min apart but was only 3cm the min midwife checked and said I was only 3cm she left the room and luckilly was student midwife in the room my waters went and out missy came causing real damage below and weakening cervix now I jw if anyone experianced delivery like that and had another baby after as midwife said my cervix would be seriously weak after and would need scans before I considered having more if wanted to and would be classed as high risk xxx sorry rambled on abit xx

Comments

• In sure they could do a cerclage if it is an issue. Bump.
  • Yer I've been reading about them just dint know if anyone had had 1 etc :)
  • I watched a cerclage get put in. Very interesting!! My best friend had one and had no issues. Got it removed at full term and had her son a couple days later :)

Bump again for ladies experiences
  • I've seen on a programme a lady have 1 removed :) ty hun xx
  • @georgias_mummy, i havent been on here for a very long time, i lost my son last year at 22 weeks due to incompetent cervix and my sac was infected. If your dr knows you have a weak cervix they will put a cerclage in around 12 to 14 weeks. You may or may not be on bedrest. They also have p17 shots that help keep baby in. I am currently pregnant wirh my second baby. I will be 20 weeks on monday. I had first cerclage at 14 weeks, i was already thin and didnt have much cervix to work with. At 18 weeks i started to thin and my dr didnt like it, she sent me to a different hospital where they were able to stretch my cervix and put 2 more cerclages in. I had the risk if infection but this time everything worked out great. I could of did nothing at be on flat bed rest in hospital and wait for my baby to be born. I chose the cwrclage and so far so good. I have been on bed rest since 14 weeks. God willing i can bring home a healthy baby girl. There are tons of success stories wirh cerclages.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ty both of u :) feel so much more confident I'm going doctors in november to see my old midwife and she's going to send me for scans to examine cervix and do all tests let me know what options are then hopefully will be the start of ttc baby no3 :) xxx