Neiman Marcus

edited July 2012 in Equipment & Supplies
This is just a rant, but I jus got back from Neiman's and they had no changing station in the restroom.:( They go above and beyond for you since you'll be spending a lot if money, but they don't have changing stations. No matter where you go, not having a changing station is always sooo annoying. At least my associate was very apologetic and spoke about the need for one, but still. They will literally call half way around the world for you for a particular garment and set up a next day hand delivery service no matter where you are, but I have to change my daughter on a couch in the bathrooms.
Places like Burger King make me upset too when they don't have the changing stations. Ummmm you're so family friendly, but not family friendly.

Comments

• Ohhh I know what you mean! I went to dinner one time and there was no changing table in either bathroom at the restaurant. I had to take my daughter outside and change her in the car.
  • Omg!! That drives me insane! Why would it not be mandatory to have changing stations?! I share in your frustration rant.
  • I just don't get it. At least in az there is no code or regulation in commercial bathroom designs that would limit an establishment to not having them. Even in an ADA compatible public bathroom where space planning and guidelines are crucial.
  • edited July 2012
    I agree, this drives me crazy. While I can understand certain obvious places not having one (ie: a bar), I see no reason why any establishment that provides services to people with children shouldn't have one. Just because the child can't patron certain places does not mean that he/she should be left to sit in a dirty diaper or changed on the floor of a bathroom.
    Retail shopping is organized to not only to increase sales, but in a manner that provides convenience. I don't find it very convenient to leave the store to find a suitable place to change my child. I say, if you want my patronage, you can supply me with a safe & suitable place to privately change my child!
  • We're all wondering about you!!???? And if you are ok!! In the groups missy!
  • I'm good.:) its just finals week so I deactivated my fb until I turn in my finals. They're due by Wednesday so I should be back on by then. I pop on here once on a while because It's less active and time consuming.:)
  • @Mrs4c I'm glad ur ok and u will be back soon :) good luck on ur finals!
  • Thanks guys!:)
  • That drives me insane too
  • If they can fit one on an aircraft, there is no excuse for any restroom to not have one.