sons legs getting stuck in crib bars!

edited July 2012 in Babies
okay, so my son is 14 months now, and the past week hes been climbing on his crib bumpers which pushes them down and hes been getting his whole leg stick in the bars! like, his knee gets stuck, and he SCREAMS! idk what to do about it.. his crib is all the way on the botton notch, and hes close to getting out.
&& im really scared to put him in a toddler bed because hes always trying to climb on/off things and i dont want him to wake up and fall off the bed. :/

Comments

• Maybe you could start with the mattress without the toddler frame. So it's really low to the ground.
  • like just put the matress on the ground?
  • Yea that's what I would do.
  • What if you took the bumper off? Maybe that would keep him from climbing on it. I never use bumpers myself.
  • Uhm, its usually during his naps, when he's alone in the room when he wakes up he usually plays before he crys to get out. And he does it like twice a day. It's horable.

And idk how hes gunna do if I put his bed on the floor, that would be a long night with keeping him on the bed lol.
  • @BlessedTxMom I agree with you there..
  • Pull the bumper down as far as you can between the mattress and rail. I'm sure you aren't ready for you LO to have such freedom with a mattress on the floor... All the money we've put into these baby sets and bumpers.. I'm sure you don't want to take it off.

Just pull it down.. my LO was doing the same thing. Now she's learned how to push everything in the corner like blankets toys and stuff to create a step.

It doesnt matter what you do.. they find a way around it. LOL
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • His bumpers are all the way down lol. And ya, hell probably find a way to do it anyways.
  • I did a toddler bed too...bc my son would get out. Wasn't using the bumper just climbed out. It isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought I'd be up all night but he was so excited to be in the bed. I did buy a cars 2 bed set, which he loves so that helped. I bought the cars 2 toddler bed. It was like 60 bucks at target. I barely got it put together and he was trying to lay in it. Make a big deal of it...get him excited. The car bed has little rails on the side. I just put it against the wall on one side and the first few nights I also laid pillows on the floor below the area that the rails didn't cover. If he gets out just keep putting him back in. With my daughter I had to do a star chart...she got a star sticker for staying in her bed each night.
  • edited July 2012
    @mama_Kat omg picturing your little girl peeping out of her window perched on the dresser made me Lmao!!!
  • @mama_kat lol it's just funny how fearless they are!
  • you dont think 14 months is too young to try and teach them to stay in bed? i feel like my son wont understand.
    my son LOVES mickey mouse, it would be awsome if i could find a mickey bed :-D
  • lol yeah there pretty smart. ill deff take the bumpers off today, and see if that helps. if not ill have to get a bed lol.
  • Most cribs you can just take the front rail off too. You could try that and if it goes well then buy a toddler bed
  • i dont have a convertable. i have an old drop side crib. i wonder if i can take that part off and put a rail there so he cant fall out?
  • Do you have a pack n play? If so, I would use that... that way he can't get out, but also can't get his legs stuck. Toddler bed is a good idea too... I switched my oldest over at 15 months and he did great.