reading to los

edited July 2012 in Babies
I read to my baby twice a day. Before nap time and before bed time its part of what I call "wind down" time. Anyway my problem is he has about 15 books some are longer than others but not too long enough time to get them read before he falls asleep. I've been reading those same books since he was born. He started out with five now has ten more do you think he gets bored of hearing the same stories or is he just to little to notice he is 16 months.

Comments

• You would be able to tell if he was bored. Ollie clearly has favorites out of his little library. He has one book called "One little Blueberry" and he could have me read that one over and over and over and never get bored! In fact when it looks like I am going to put it away be yells and slaps the book so I will read it again lol.
  • @ashley_smashley jake has his favorites too but I was thinking about it today bc yesterday when I was reading to him he gave me this look like "heard it lady" lol jakes favorite has to be the hungry catepillar
  • Lol well he might be bored! Ollie does that with certain books!
  • @ashley_smashley I think so I mean sometimes I'm like he doesn't know what's going on and doesn't understand but he is very smart lol he even has his own personality being so little lol
  • @blessedtxmom I think I'm going to go ahead and buy more my husband is like he doesn't know its the same book. I'm like yes he does he knows. Its so funny because everytime I read my husband and jake are laying down listening. Any books you recomend
  • I read to my baby he's 9 months and he only lasts about two pages before he grabs the book.
  • @jess510 yeah I remember when he used to do that. Lol I would tell him no give him a small toy that makes no noise a rubber dycky and keep reading :)
  • @salasmommy thanks for the idea
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jess510 :) no problem
    @blessedtxmom texture books are great! Or ones with flaps! I wish I could go to the library I just buy the books at barnes and nobles or walmart.
  • I feel like a bad mom because I don't read to mine. Only my daughter before bed. My son just squirms around, knocks the book out etc. More trouble than it is worth! :(
  • @rileyandme they do that at first and then the stage of making loud noises there form of moking u while u read lol
    @captivated ur not a bad mom. Maybe try while u r breastfeeding hold the book away from u and the breast that's what I would do but he was too little to squirm I didn't bf that long
  • That is actually a good idea! I will give it a shot. He gets very distracted when eating so Idk if it would be too much, but definitely worth a shot.
  • @captivated try to make the room calm no noise turn the tv off so he can simply hear your voice maybe before nap time or bed time. Let me know how it goes! With routine he will get used to it.
  • I got a few elmo books from target in the 1$ bin. They are really short. Like 4 pages lol. Nicholas looks them plus he likes green eggs and ham.
  • Lol my daughter has her moments but I just keep reading even if she's moving around like crazy otherwise I could never read cause she's anyways on the move.