walking before crawling....

edited July 2012 in Walking
Hi ladies...I haven't posted in a little while. But I had a question.

Has anyones lo's skipped crawling and started walking. My lo is 8 months and will not crawl. She will pull around on the bed but when she hits the floor...she's not having it. But when you stand her up and hold her hand...or stand her up at a chair she will walk. Everyone keeps sayng she will walk before crawling.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Some babies don't crawl...My sis said that her baby didn't really crawl but she did eventually start walking
  • My husband never crawled. His dad said he would roll him self around lol and then one day he rolled himself to the coffee table pulled himself up and walked into the center of the living room!
  • It happens more offten then what people think. My son would not want to be on his tummy or nothing he would want to stand and have people walk around with him then when he was 8 1/2 months he just crawled on his own. Everyone would also say he was gonna skip crawling and walk but didn't. That would be so cute see a little baby Walkin around so young
  • my mom told me I was one of those babies just walked early didn't crawl. You never know though every baby does things at their own time.
  • My youngest brother never crawled, ever. He went straight to walking.
  • my daughter is doing the same thing! I mean, she scoots backwards on her belly and that's it. she pulls up on everything to her feet. she just turned 9 months old too
  • @misstiff that's exactly what my lo does. She will go backwards but not forward. And that's only on the bed...she hates the floor..she thinks shes too good to get dirty. Lol
  • That I dont remember. He scooted/bounced around on his butt until he started walking.