my lil ones bottom is raw from diarrhea. **update..thinking may be a yeast infection***

edited July 2012 in Babies
My LO is 9m old and cutting teeth real quick now (4 in last week). She started having the squirts couple days ago, yesterday and last night was really bad. Now her bottom area is raw:( I have been using Vasaline to put a protective coating on her cause she still has the runs. Desitin and butt paste seem to burn as she screams when I put it on. So just been using Vasaline and trying to let her get air down there. Any advice/tips to stop the runs or help ease her pain down there is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ok my aunt (an RN) had a look at her private area and thinks it maybe a yeast infection. Her doc is not open so any advice or tips from mom's of lil girls? I only have a son prior to her so no experience in this department. Any help appreciated.
  • Yep, lotramin will work wonders if its yeast. Hope it clears up soon.
  • ^^^^ yep! Works like a charm.
  • Thanks ladies will be trying that
  • Athlete's foot cream is amazing!
  • If that works should I still take her in to doc? Can it be internal too like a woman gets?
  • Yep Tessa had this a week ago and the lotrimin/a&d combo cleared it right up within 2 days!
  • @starrxoxo9 did u take her to doc? She is already looking better down there this morning thanks ladies!!
  • No Dr, if it hadn't cleared up I would have though.
  • Try giving her pedialyte it stops diarrhea when I give it to my son. Nothing but pedialyte no milk if she already has the runs. I put buttpaste on my babys booty. However if it is a yeast infection try to keep the area clean and dry before you put her diaper on make sure her bottoms is dry after you clean it!
  • The lotramin & Vasaline have done wonders so must be yeast. She is not in pain any more :) thanks for the info moms!!! Just a lil red still. I am trying to do pedialyte although she don't seem to like it much. She was miserable for a lil bit and breaking my heart...pregly to the rescue lol
  • Yay! I know that pain :( my little girl would growl and clench her little butt cheeks when I changed her diaper lol
  • Give her booty some sun too! :)