17 month old in twin bed?

edited July 2012 in Babies
Is it possible? With a rail of course. I'll be giving birth around then and can't buy another crib. I could wait until 19 months if that would be better as baby could sleep in the playpen. I have no idea was to expect from a 17 month old.

Comments

• Depends on how high the bed would be because Lo can still flip over the rail.
  • @conreeaght very true! I didn't think of that :)
  • I know it sounds funny, but I'd almost put the infant in the bed with rails for 5 or 6 months and then swap. Before 2, it can be too much freedom without crib confinement, and you may be chasing an escapee back to bed all night. Some kids do fine, though; you'll have to test it out! ;-)
  • When my daughter was that age i put her mattress on the floor, she would make me too nervous with the rail lol
  • My baby is 16 months and I'm thinking of turning his crib into a toddler bed. But since one side is all opened I'm scared he might fall. :/ so I have no advice
  • I bought a twin over full bunk bed my 4 year old is on top n my 10 month on the bottom but I'm not putting him in it till like 1 1/2
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I will be putting my 14month old in a toddler bed next month , I need her crib for my 1month old lil boy.. She always nap in my bed anyways
  • @usplus2 we have scorpions :/ but that'd be a good idea if we didn't!
    @ourlittlenugget true, baby can stay in the playpen until 6 months i guess
    i think i'm gonna keep my eyes open for a toddler bed @salasmommy @lafiitz89 @homebirthadvocate really?? Wow, i'm probably gonna get a toddler bed
    @vanessa_mom2b how is it with two children that close? I'm super nervous. Let me know how it goes!
  • @Kimberly4411 u feel blessed but exhausted at the same time,I feel,like my day,never ends. Up by 6 feeding my newborn then nap for 2 hours till my daughter wakes up then make her brkfst then feed my lil boy then play with my daughter then clean up after her then lunch after that she takes her nap. Im like great now time to nap,but not always works out this way cuz sometimes my lil boy is up n fussy . Then his bath time then clen up a lil then wash bottles,laundry (twice a week only) then finally by 1am im n bed then just feed baby by 3am and then im up by 6am and everything all over again lol
  • Kimberly4411 I'm about to have 2 close, and I'm nervous too!
  • I put my son in a toddler bed at 16 months he did great. He moves around so much I think a twin would be better with a rail. I just got one of those plastic toddler beds bc one, he is rough with stuff and already broke one side of the rail off. Two, my daughter had one and only really used it for about two years and then got to tall for it. (My kids are tall for their ages) three bc it was only 60.00 at target and like I said prob only gonna be beat up and only used for a yr or two...it was also cheaper that way rather than getting another crib (our 3 month old was due in April.)