Baby shower ideas!?

edited July 2012 in Baby showers
My baby shower is August 4th I am so excited! My mom is throwing it for me. We went shopping for decorations yesterday. We got cute purple pink and white balloons to float in our little pool, purple and white streamers, purple and pink table cloths, cute flower center pieces, and cute serving trays! Its going to be a unisex bbq outside! We were talking about games to do. Anyone have any suggestions? We are doing a diaper raffle for people who bring diapers. And I was trying to find a cute saying for people to write their name and address on a slip of paper so I can have everyone's address's for thank you cards I want to send out. I googled it and all I found was people talking about how it is tacky to have people self address an envelope lol. I just want people's address's not for them to fill out there own card. So I am trying to think of a cute saying to hang up with a bowl next to it for them to put it in cuz we have a prize to do a raffle for it. What do you ladies think?

Comments

• We had people write there addresses for us just because there was so much going on that it was the last thing I needed to worry about.
  • Not sure about the address thing. But for a game, fill a bottle with m&m's (or other small candy like that) and have people guess the number thats inside. Also, let people cut out pieces of string/yarn/etc. To the length they think your belly is. Those are just some fun things I've heard of.
  • @MorgDeeBee I was so surprised when I googled it that people said it was tacky lol. I wouldn't care writing my address on an envelope for someone at a baby shower. I highly doubt any of my friends care either! I just can't think of a cute saying for it.

@1stWoodsBaby I like both of those! I'll have to tell my mom.
  • Give all the women a bracelet and tell them they can't sit with their legs crossed. And if they do, whoever catches them gets their bracelet. At the end whoever has the most wins something! And you could do necklaces too and they can't say baby. They don't have to be anything special. Just a balloon streamer with something on it. Like they sell those little bottles for decorations you could put those on them! Just an idea.
  • We melted chocolate bars in diapers and made people guess the candy.... My mom also found a game online called pin the sperm in the egg lol
  • What about blind folding some people and having them guess what baby food is which.
  • edited July 2012
    I had everyone fill out envelopes for thank yous. I also used them to pick the diaper raffle winner and a random raffle winner. Did you send out invites already? I put a note in mine asking everyone to bring Tessa a book instead of a card :)
  • We used clothes pins instead of a necklace..but they couldn't say the word baby..it was really fun. It's really hard not to say the word at a baby shower lol. Also we did the book thing instead of a card it was so nice...now she has so many books. There aren't many games I can think of that haven't already been said. Umm..I think we did how many baby things you could think of in a certain amount of time...my fiance was a smart ass and put like baby hair and nose etc lol such a dork!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I saw this thing called a wish tree. Each guest writes a wish for the baby or advice for the new mommy. Maybe you could do something like that but an address tree
  • I love all these ideas! We found baby shower raffle tickets. We are gonna have everyone write their name and address on the back to be entered into the raffle!
  • I bough fabirc pens and a couple onesies in each size had had people decorate them. It was fun and they turned out so cute!

We also played a taste the baby food game and guess what it was.

I had a 2 baby dolls and diapers and blind folded the 2 guests playing at that time and had them diaper the baby with out seeing. The winner would go agains the next person and so on and so on. the last one to win was the winner.

Then the last game we played. I had 2 strollers and had races around the yard lol winner of each race went agains the next person so funny to watch and lots of fun.
  • Could you have them guess the babies lbs and in. And what day your little one was born on a piece of paper with their address and then mail the winner a gift card after you baby was here? That is a game and a way to get everyone's address lol