daycare

edited July 2012 in First time moms
I'm going to be putting my daughter in daycare after she turns 1 because that's when they will accept her I'm going to be going to school part time until I can get her in daycare I'm really scared to drop her off at daycare this day care is rated number 1 in my city and I went there today and they really care about the children safety and nutrition and they really organized.

I just feel kinda bad for putting her in daycare.. Its more of a learning facility because they teach the kids and they go off of your schedule on if your potty training they potty train andthey wing of the binky and the bottle

it's a really nice place I just don't want her to feel like overwhelmed or overwhelm me with daycare

Comments

• I thought the same thing when I was going to school, but it turns out my twins LOVED it! They absolutely loved the interaction with all of the kids, and they became a lot more social and people friendly because of it!
  • edited July 2012
    @Mrsstanley_x2 i really hope she loves it i just think im scared more of leaving then anything..
  • I work in a day care its what I've always wanted to do. Best part is I get to take my little Levi with me! I go back on the first sucks! Anyway I understand your thinking I know alot of the parents feel that way and some cry the first day at drop off so if you do... Its not the first time they've stern it. At the age your daughter is at it may be harder to adjust. Just because she is so use to being with you. If she cries when you drop off just let her cry and walk away. easier said then done I know but trust me it makes it much easier on the kid/baby. I've seen many times where kids cry when their parent leaves, when parents come back it makes them think they will leave. Make sense? Your day care sounds like a good place too!
  • I started taking my oldest just after he turned one. He's 4 now and so smart. He's learned things in Daycare that I couldn't teach him(social skills...). Its good for them to go
  • @babyluv8 ill probably cry when I dropped her off I don't think she'll cry though she's pretty good when I leave like to go to the store but she mihjymight cry just because it's strange people awe my poor baby I kind of don't want to do it now... Ugh. I just don't know how I feel about leaving her strange people... and the bf isn't really the supportive of daycare...

@sands3 and that's what I think that but bf doesn't think that it's that great daycares isn't... how did you cope with him being in daycare?
  • I love it. Especially now that I have a second kid. Its so much easier. When he first started he only went like 2 days a week for a couple hours. I ran errands and stuff. Now he goes 5 days a week for 7 hours. Its easier to run errands with 1 kid than 2. I plan to start Jack after he turns one just 2 days for 2-3 hours
  • I was scared too! I loitered way too long. Lol but it really was good for them!
  • You'll get to know her teachers and that will make it easier
  • I'm scared too just to be away from her so long like I don't want her to feel like i'm abandoning her...I went to the to daycare in my town too and took a you're hourly I will get accepted for some assistance with daycare and I will put her in