hitting.

edited July 2012 in "Terrible Two's"
Ok so here's the deal, we live in the same home as my sill, her husband and their daughter(she's 2). Every time she comes around my daughter (also 2), she hits her with anything she can. Yesterday she hitmy daughter with keys in the face, and that same night slapped her 3 times in the face. This is pretty much an everyday thing. I'm so sick of my daughter being touched that way, my daughter is getting so fed up she's starting to hit her back. Her mother doesn't do anything much about it, and i feel bad that my little girl can't even be in the same room. I've tried talking to my sil but nothing works, I'm so frustrated and upset. What should i do.? If my daughter defends herself, my sil gets mad wtf. Ugh i needed to vent before i flip my lid thanks for reading.

Comments

• @mom2ing yeah we are desperately looking for a place right now. Hopefully we find one soon. :( oh no hun I'm not ttc lol i have a 10 month old little boy no more for me for a long time. Lol I'm honestly out of ideas, my son gets hit sometimes but not as much as my daughter.
  • Well. If my nephew hits MY kids, and my bil or sil don't take care of it- i do. If they have a problem with it, they can take punish their child. Just like I'd expect them to punish mine if they were doing just the same to my niece and nephew. But they don't, so I'm sure as hell not letting my babies get hurt because of their negligence!
  • My 7 year old brother does that, I live with my parents n brothers. And everytime he's around my 14 month old some how my son always falls and gets hurt. My parents say he doesn't do it on purposes. That he just loves him. But honestly I can't take it! There is no need for him to be in his face 24/7 yesterday at the park, my son was sitting on the ground and my brother tried to pick him up, but he pulled his arm. And I yelled at him. He knows not to pick up my son.

Also, every night at dinner (we all eat together) n my sons in his high chair, and my brother is does eating hell hang ans stand on the back of his high chair and distract my baby. And I yell at him legit every day. Along with my brother scareing him, now my son is scared of EVERYTHING!
  • If your sil isn't going to yell at her daughter for doing it, you should. That is not ok. Id be pissed off too.
  • I think its stupid that she doesn't make her baby stop. Don't get me wrong I understand the whole they r babies they will hit each other. And I won't get mad if it happens but when it happens and the mom doesn't say/do anythng about it. Then we have a problem. Ahh I went to mc donalds once baby was walking in the play area the mom was with her four children and she apparantely ona date (lame I know mcdonalds) well her childrten were playing and she's all over this guy one of them about 4 comes around my baby and pushes him I pick him up and stay close by he does it again and I tell him loud and firmly no. She looks away still all up on that guy. So he does it to this other baby around my babies age and that guy tells her what's his name she says .iguel and he says he is hitting that little girl. She doesn't care says go play . Well he does it a tird time to my baby and I walk up to her and go off. Stupid b needs to take care of all her chiuldtren instead of being worried about having more yeesh.. If u can hun u should try to get out asap sorry for my long vent but seriously they are babies but at least them knowing that is not ok is at least comforting I guess to know that they don't think this kind of behavior is ok