allergy. adhesive tape help

edited July 2012 in Babies
My son got his forhead glued shut after a fall about an inch wide a little less probably they used an adhesive brown tape kinda from the c section and I notice when I was going to cha,ge his bandaid since it was coming off that he was scratching and he has little bumps (a rash) all over where the tape was (not the cloth) I called his doctor but he didn't perscribe any antibiotics and told me to take it off and not put it on any more. I have to keep him from touching it bc he wants to scratchte glue off. Should I let the rash air dry? Or put something on it. Suggestions? He's a toddler so he doesn't understand that he can't touch

Comments

• Don't put anything on it. When my daughter had her surgery they put tape over there eyes to keep them from drying out and she had it really bad. It took about two days to go away the first time and the second time it was gone by the time she woke up the next morning.
  • Thanks guys I will keep it off I just need to stop him from touching it @mom2ing @bertrang14
  • Im allergic to adhesives. Found out the hard way, but its only certain ones. I put a bandaid over this pimple thing on my face and it broke out in a nasty blistery rash. Only thing that helped was leaving it alone and not putting anything on it.