Do you do anything before naptime?

edited July 2012 in Babies
To get them ready for it? Or do you just lay them in the crib when you know they're tired. Madison falls asleep on her own in the evenings and we've been working on naps. Of course she has an hour to wind down before she goes to bed, bath, bottle, play, books. Do i need to read some books to her before nap so she knows its coming? Sorry, i just want it to be as easy for her as i can make it

Comments

• edited July 2012
    @blessedtxmom i say the same thing, do you give him a book in his crib? Thats a good idea. I just hate that she wakes up at different times every morning, it makes it harder On her
  • Nope I just take him to his crib and put him down, tired or not. He falls asleep within 20 min.
  • I do the same as captivated.
  • Same here, I just put him in and he goes to sleep...my son is two so he is growing out of naps. I've been putting him in later now around 3pm. Usually he will lay and talk to himself for a little then falls asleep
  • Lol, his six year old still gets naps. :)
  • I don't do anything either, put her in her bed turn her crib soother on and then hive her the nuk and her blanket and she's usually out within 5 minutes
  • I don't do anything either, with a big family it would be impossible! Lol
  • Bath time is like an assembly line lol
  • Sometimes I take Malia to the park (1 block away) to tire her out more, lol.
  • I just take her in my hand, give her fluffy cat and sing for herand she is asleep in 10 min then i put her on the crib
  • Thanks everyone :) just wanted to make sure i wasn't making it harder than it was