Physical Therapy & Hip Helpers

Sienna went to physical therapy today. And like i thought, her range of motion in her hips is way beyond what it should be, causing her lower body to be under toned. Her legs spread out too far. She has like no balance at all. They put these amazing things on her called hip helpers. Next week we're ordering some for home. Im actually excited cause now my baby can hopefully catch up. Shes only at a 5-6month level on her physical abilities. Shes 9.5 months. Right now she's scheduled for every Wednesday for the next 2months.

Anbody else have lo in physical therapy? What are your thoughts and opinions? Does it help? Was it worth it?

Comments

• My little girl is ten months and is going through the same thing your little one is. she can not sit up unsupported, she has no interest in crawling either. I had the initial visit with a support coordinator/evaluation and she should be coming out to the house next week with the physical therapist to start her physical therapy. I am definitely going to mention the hip helpers to the physical therapist when she comes.
  • @mommy_three85 the hip helpers are to keep the legs closer together. They're $15 a pair plus shipping. My lo's legs are always spread eagle.
  • I am worried my 9 mo will need therapy. She doesn't sit well and won't crawl although she gets into position. She does have scoliosis