3 Cheers for @Wilsomom

edited July 2012 in Sleep
Yeah Yeah Yeah .... (Applause)
And the crowd goes wild....

Thank you so much @Wilsomom for the sleeping through the night and daily routine schedule (eat, sleep, play) tip.

I stuck to the schedule the first day and she was sleep by 9pm she would have been knocked out by 8pm but I was trying to get my 8 and 10 yr old packed and out the door for their 4 day LA trip.

First day in a month I was able to go to sleep at 9pm.

Just took my 3:30 am bathroom trip and little Haylee is still knocked out.

Covered her up... And she didn't even move.

My breast may be a little full from not nursing through the night... But who cares..... I got great sleep and I'm heading back for more!

Comments

• Hip Hip Hooray!!!!
  • Yep I have tweaked my daughters routine a little and she has spent 3 nights all night asleep in her own bed.... I also suggest putting one of your pillows in lo cot so it smells like you when your lo goes through clingy stages
  • Hmmm, I missed that memo. *pout* I'm glad it worked for you.

Hooray, @Wilsomom
  • Yay! Wow, I didn't know it would work so soon! Lol I'm happy for you! :)
  • Wow! I missed the routine could you please re post or tell me where to find it @Wilsomom
  • @littlenat86 - I'll tag you in it lol
  • Thanks sweetie @Wilsomom x
  • @wilsomom ... She slept from 9pm to 8am.

Now if I can tweek the schedule for 8pm to 8am.. I'll be jumping for joy!

But regardless I'm still a happy camper. LOL.

• Can someone tag me in the post yall are referring to, please!!! @wilsomom
  • @Wilsomom can you tag me to please...I was so tired this morning lol
  • Post your schedule here!
  • edited July 2012
    Here's the posts from other thread:

I would feed her at 7am, 11am, 3pm & 7pm on the dot. If you don't think she can go 4 hours, then do 3 or 3 & a half hours & add one more feeding at the end. If you do this for 3 days you'll notice a difference & if you do it for several weeks she'll sleep through the night. One other thing that is absolutely critical though, is the sleep/eat/wake cycle. It must be done in that order. Never feed just before sleeping, but always after sleeping with some wake/play time before nap or bed. I have 9 children & they have all slept through the night by 6-8 weeks old using this method. Many ppl are against it with the feed on demand era, but for me it makes a happy baby, happy family & VERY happy mama. Plus with a large family I HAVE to have a schedule lol. I always know when it's time for baby to eat & can work around it with appts, chores, mealtime, etc. Now, with all this said, if baby is going thrHYough a growth spurt, is sick or emotionally distressed, yes I will forgo the schedule. I'm not going to let my baby starve or scream in hunger lol. But on the other hand, many times I'll be feeding the baby BEFORE she gets out of control hungry...like I said this method makes a happy baby. Sorry so long, but I'm very passionate about this subject because so many moms & babies could benefit, but it's controversial.
  • @ynvtish I don't want to tell you what to do, ha ha.
    By that age I usually do this:

Eat:
    7am
    11am
    3pm
    7pm

Naps:
    10am
    2pm
    (one more at 6 if needed)

Bath/bed routine after the 7pm feeding then bed around 8ish

Since she's older it might take a while, but I'm not sure. & eating includes solids/breast all in one feeding. (in other words dont give solids then breast an hour later, it has to all be on the schedule)
    In between the eating & naps is play time of some sort or alone time. I always have my little ones play alone for at least a little bit each day so they can learn to be content & not have to be entertained all the time. It can be playing with blocks in a playpen or playing with a special toy in the crib, etc. I hope I'm not sounding like a know it all lol, this is just what works for me. :)
  • @wilsomom is a freaking goddess!
  • She is!! We have started this morning! I made my first error in bringing the bottle and his porridge in together and he wanted his bottle first then wouldn't ear the porridge but I know in future to make sure I do the solids first and leave the milk in the kitchen. It is quarter to ten now so nearly time for nap! He had an unsettled sleep last night and was moany from 7.30 to 9ish and from 4.30am till we got up just after 6.30am but its so hot here at the mo we are all struggling to sleep. I just gave him some water as I really didn't want to offer milk too early!
  • It's 10.01am and he is asleep! Woohoo!
  • @ynvtish - how did last night go?

@littlenat86 - yay! Keep up the good work!

You guys are making me blush! Lol
  • Although my health visitor is great, her and the other lady I see to get him weighed often say very much the same thing and if its not working its 'just stick with it, try harder' etc! They don't seem to give many different ways of doing things! Last time I spoke to them about him not sleeping through (which he was doing from 10 weeks to 5 and half months no problems) she told me to feed him more but he prefers smaller, more frequent feeds and meals to what they were suggesting. This way he gets smaller more frequent meals and I'm not either bottle feeding him or sat at the table seemingly constantly! He is still doing good, slept for 30 mins at 2 and ate again - I gave him bowl food, then bottle, then strawberries which he fed himself! And he is playing happily!
  • @littlenat86 , good job, keep it up! :)
  • How's it going? Are you still getting some sleep? Lol
  • @kimberly4411 tagging myself for my next baby! Thanks! @wilsomom
  • @wilsomom so on last feeding you do like a hours before you put to bed ?
  • My son goes 5 hours with out a bottle sometime 6 he won't eat it if I give earlier.
  • @wilsomom ... Yep sure am except for last night because I was on the road traveling. It's 11:30 am and I'm having to wake lil Ms Haylee up so we can both jump back on schedule.
  • @ynvtish - good for you, I'm glad it's helping!

@angie87 - yeah, about an hour or so before bed. I'm surprised he goes so long between feedings! lol Maybe he only needs 3 meals a day unless you can feed him a little less at each feeding.
  • Is there a thread? I can't find it! What is it? I am desperate over here!
  • @perly I can't find the original post, but this explains a lot. A newborn would eat more often though, anywhere from 2-3 hours. My phone is about to die, so take a look here & let me know any questions. I think you'll get the basic idea. :)
  • @wilsomom ok got it. The question now is, do i start as soon as he's born? Like as soon as i get home from the hospital?