i just found out that

edited July 2012 in Babies
My baby is such a huge bully!

He has always been so sweet and my friend's 11month old twins came around the other day (girls) and he was being such a bully taking their toys and pushing them. Of course I got onto him but I had just never seen that side of him. Then today my other bestfriend came over with her youngest daughter (20mo) 4mo older than him and she started taking away all him toys and pushing him around he got fed up after a while and started bullyinh her too. Where did he learn how to fight for toys? I have no idea!

Comments

• I think they all go through that stage just be consistent in corecting him.
  • @char I was being very consistent in letting him know it was not ok. I just don't know why he is being so mean. He's always been alone maybe that's it and the only babies he sees are his uncles 3 and 5 and they r older :/
  • I would say that is your problem. My brother in law has a four year old that has never been socialized and he has all sorts of issues with other kids. He is the oppossite kind of Cringes away even tho I know he is not abused he looks like he is afraid of getting hit. Maybe try regular play dates with ur friends younger kids to try and get him used to having to share.
  • Omg my son does that too!! He started hitting my friends baby (9 months) and he was very aggressive! He even tried to bite his head several times!! :(
  • JaMaiya is a bully to she pulls my friends daughters hair. And she tries to bite them and she don't even got teeth. We took her to one of his friends sons 1 birthday party and she was pulling the little boy down and tryna bite him and pull his hair and when will tell her to stop she gets mad and scream. I hope she grows out of this before her little sister gets here.
  • This is why I like daycare. Really helps to socialize children. Neither of mine have ever had issues and I think it is because of that early socialization. Like one of the girls said, arrange for playdates! It won't be forever and im sure you can correct the behavior. Don't worry too much!
  • @SalasMommy .. sounds like survival of the fittest ... LOL
  • I agree with @captivated. My twins only had each other until daycare, and they fought like gladiators (still do with each other). Now they are the sweetest babies around other kids. My son tries to kiss everyone. Haha
  • @char I think I'm deff going to start doing that he is used to getting everything he wants since he is the only baby around.
    @ericak22 omg. It just came out of nowhere with him. I think its bc he knows he's bigger than them. What a bully.
    @jazzie I was thinking the same exact thing too. I don't want him to hurt the baby
    @captivated in a way daycare is good but poor baby he is to little to be at day care well imo. I'm going to arrange more playdates hopefully with time he will learn to get along with other babies.
    @YNVTISH lol! I think that since he is a big baby (32lbs+) and 331/2 in tall he feels dominant. Wheb the little girl that was older than him came over she was 'punking' him lol even slapped him a few times I felt bad for him but I didn't get angry at the lo he just went all out from there and even took the toy cell phone she came with
  • @mrsstanley_x2 yeah he needs to be surrounded by more kids I need more friends with kids :-?
  • It definitely helps!
  • My son at ten months started pulling my nephew's hair. He has been around my two nephew's since he was born. My sister and nephews live with me. My little nephew is almost two. But my son is the bully one. He pulls my nephews hair everyday and takes away any toy that he has. Three days ago my son slapped my nephew and my nephew slapped him back. I put him in time out but it doesn't work :( Oh and when he is mad at me he pinches me!!! Only God knows how did he learned all of this!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My lo is straight up mean. She rips our hair out. Pinches really hard. Kicks the crap outta everyone. Beats us with toys. Steals binkies and toys from ither babies if theyre close enough. But how much can you discipline a 9.5mo other than telling them its a no no or not nice and show them how they're supposed to do things.
  • @SalasMommy people told me that she might not act like that to her sister though....they say she will be protective
  • @lourdes26us1 omg he is a bully to a bigger baby too. I don't know where jake learned this etheir he seems so sweet bc I always tell him to give a kiss to his stuffed animals and he even 'puts them to sleep' I never thought hed be so mean. I tell my baby no too but he is 16 month and imo to young for a spanking
    @homebirthadvocate yeah I figured I have to have him be around babies more if there mother's let me after they see how he acts
    @steph_due_101611 when jake was that age he would hit us with toys too it tooka w hile but we put a s top to it and the slapping it was hard bc we can't spank him I think he heard only the word no those whole months .
    @jazzie for some reason that is what my friend said that he is a bully but he will love the baby