Am I being hateful?

edited August 2012 in Baby showers
So my friend is throwing a shower. I didn't really want a traditional shower because I don't need anything but diapers, but I'm grateful she wanted to do this so no big deal. Well I was being a dork and asked if it would be bad if I asked for specific diapers (joke, because I'm not that hateful- I'd switch them later) and she made me feel like an ungrateful piece of shit for even thinking it. Sorry I went through every diaper imaginable with my twins until I found one I liked? I guess I offended her somehow, though I don't see why when EVERY shower I go to I ask if they have a preference and ALL second time mommys do. I'm probably just being a whiny b****, but I don't get why it's a big deal.

Comments

• Honestly doesnt seem like a big deal at all. Most moms have a brand they stick to. I think ur friend was over reacting.
  • Yes, my gosh I cannot believe how hateful and out of line you are!! [-X
  • its not your fault you know what works for your kids and you. not hateful just smart.
  • @mommyof3girls that's pretty much what I tried to explain. Even my husband understands- we dealt with rashes, constant outfit changes and sheet/blanket washings until we found the right diaper! And with twins, so twice the mess. Lol
    @captivated I know! Damn me! *sigh* why must I be so awful?
    @dra765 thank you! It may be the fact she has no children that she doesn't understand, so I ended the convo. Lol I'll just switch diapers out later!
  • I think you just got her at a stressful and bad moment. Having preferences is not irrational. Most people like to be told what to buy, it takes out the guesswork.
  • @Mijita I think you nailed it right on the head. She's been very stressed with her jobs lately, which is why I definitely didn't expect a shower or any big to-do. Then the one thing I have an opinion on upsets her. So I bet you are correct! It's very unusual for her to snap, let alone be down right mean.
  • ;;) Then she's probably feeling as bad as you are for snapping at you. It's very very unusual for me to snap, or be mean and when I do I always feel guilty. I forgive and forget easily (too easily), so hopefully she will too.
  • A good option is to let people buy what they want in regards to diapers. Then just take them in and exchange them :). Then everyone wins!
  • @Mijita I think that is an excellent plan for me. I will let it go no harm, no foul :)
    @captivated I'm going to do just that! I ended up doing that with my twins after we figured out one we liked, and that way no ones toes get stepped on. Lol I should have just kept my trap shut and done that in the first place. Haha
  • After trying several diaper brands on Malia, I love target brand. So next baby, I think I'll ask for those.

• @caroline8_p I'm glad I'm not alone on having a preference. Huggies give mine rashes, and they pee out of them. Luvs and target/k-mart/etc brand can't contain my son's blowouts. Seriously the only diaper I found for them is pampers swaddlers and now pampers cruisers. Even other types of pampers didn't work!