Babies Being Cold....

edited August 2012 in Babies
I like to say I am fairly knowledgeable on the subject of babies.. My husband's is aunt is over... She's close to 50, she has a 17 year old, a 10 year old, and an 8 year old. She was holding Davey, he just turned 3 weeks old, and unwrapped him from his blanket. I knew it was going to happen, after about 10 minutes he started getting upset (which is RARE). So I said "he's getting cold." She felt his feet and hands and said "No, he's fine." Knowing what my baby likes, I went and felt his hands and feet and said "No, he's absolutely freezing." She goes on to tell me that all of her babies' hands and feet were always ice cold... Ugh. He still likes to be swaddled and he loves being warm... She sat there arguing with me that babies don't care about being cold. Yes they do. She said he's just hungry. He had just eaten for 20 minutes on each breast before she showed up. "No, he's cold," I told her. My sister in law tells her that he probably doesn't like being unwrapped and arms and legs flailing around... She says "Nope, he's rooting, so he's hungry." Without another word, I take him from her, swaddle him up and he passes right out. I know my baby and his cries. Why do people think they're right about everyone else's kids? She got an attitude and said she's leaving. It's one thing to be wrong, but to get butthurt about being wrong and leaving? I didn't say ONE THING after I swaddled him..

Comments

• People like this drive me crazy. Makes me want to keep.my LO all to myself and not share.
  • @1stWoodsBaby Me too! I don't understand her... Why wouldn't I know what my baby wanted??
  • Her babies hands and feet were always ice cold?? Um ok nice parenting lady!! Just because babies tend to have cold extremities doesn't mean you don't do anything about it!! It means THEY NEED YOUR HELP. Gahhhh I hate people like that!!!
  • I hate that! Tell the woman to back it up. My daughter had to be swaddled because she was used to being confined in the womb with her brother, and when people unwarapped her she got upset. No one listened! It's like that is my child, pretty sure I know what's up
  • @starrxoxo9 I was thinking the same thing.. Why make a little baby be uncomfortable? I've been around since her two youngest were born and they were ALWAYS crying. Now I'm beginning to see why they might have always been upset. She asked for a bottle.. I'm breastfeeding. LOL.
  • @MrsStanley_x2 Exactly! Babies loooooooove being swaddled. It reminds them of home. <3
  • Thats crazy i couldnt stand for my babies hands an feet to be cold ! I always kept my babies swaddled especially at 3 weeks old i never took the cover off them wen i did for baths an diaper changes they always looked so cold an i felt so bad lol
  • Yep! My twins actually had to be snuggled together or they wouldn't sleep. Itonically, they cuddled up and it looked like every single sono we have of them :)
  • @Mrz_Jackson I feel bad during baths too. Lol.

@MrsStanley_x2 That is too dang cute. I'd love to see a photo if you have one!!
  • Lol you should have whipped your boob out at her :D
  • Ummmm pretty sure I would like to bitch slap your aunt :O
    Sorry ;-)
  • LOL!!! @baileygoose I was scrolling down the page thinking the exact same thing as your comment popped up! :-))
  • My son was born in JULY and he remained swaddled at all times. Babies do not have much regulation control of their temperatures at that age. Sheesh...
  • @baileygoose LOL. Be my guest!
    @captivated Both of my babies were born in July, and I always swaddle cuz they like it so much.
  • My daughter hated being swaddled till she was a fee weeks old, but she always had socks and stuff on so she wouldn't get cold. I would have been mad, just cuz she didn't do it with her kiss doesn't mean she should get to do what she wants with yours.
  • my mil is like that
    shes always hot so she assumes everyone else is too.shes always strippin my dd & im constantly dressin her,drives me nuts,finally firmly said something last week.
  • I would love to slap her..
  • @mybombina my mil is just like that but with being cold like omg.. The sad thing is they have air conditioning and it rarely used unless one of her sons turn it on. We all battle over the damn air conditioning..