My son is afraid of EVERYTHING!

edited August 2012 in Babies
It started with the vacuum, which is common. Now, if an ambulance, loud truck, motorcycle- ANYTHING goes by my house he straight flips out. Which sucks because we live on a main road. The worst part (I feel bad because I laughed so hard I almost peed myself) is last night I was digging my keys out of my purse snd hit the panic button to my outback. He chucked his sippy straight in the air, made a noise I'd never heard before, and tried to fit behind the couch. Daddy had to go get him! I don't know why he is suddenly terrified, but it's definitely frustrating. Lol

Comments

• Awww poor little guy! how old?
  • @heyitsme he is 14 months! I don't know what's gotten into him. And when he gets scared his twin sister panics and starts screaming and trying to hug him which freaks him out more!
  • Awww!! I'm thinking it's just a stage. My lo is scared of loud noises too, and he's 13.5 months.
  • @EricaK22 I hope so! Lol poor guy is too sweet to be so scared all the time!
  • Aww poor baby. My 9 yr old is still like that but he has sensory issues, he doesn't like certain fabrics either.
  • this is the same as my little one! but hes now grown out of it thank god! i was very mean tho cos i brought him a book about fore engines with sound! he used to scream and cry when ever i set it off! now every time i say fire engine or make a nee nah noise he waves his arms in the air and laughs his head off! i even recorded him cryin!! im so mean but it worked and now hes not scared of them at all
  • @Bahamamama4828 Aww :( that stinks! My son never minded them until recently and we can't figure out why. It was like he went to bed one night and woke up terrified! Oddly enough the only loud thing we've found that doesn't scare him is thunder.
  • @denois that's kinda how we felt last night! I felt so bad for laughing but when he heard my alarm and took off it was sooo funny!
  • Do you mind if I ask how old he is and if he recently had any shots?
  • I hope he outgrows it, its a pain!
  • @ashley_smashley he is 14 months and hasn't had any since his one year check up. A little over 2 months ago (he will get more at the end of September).

@Bahamamama4828 Thsnks, meeeee too! I have noticed it gets really bad the closer it gets to bed/nap time.