11 months old waking up screaming...

edited August 2012 in Ages & Stages
It's been happening for the past four nights, yes she's teething and has been for a while, its not that, the only thing that I've changed is that I substitute 2 oz of each bottle with organic whole milk, which the dr said has nothing to do with it. She's also been taking serious naps to compensate for her lack of sleep at night...today she woke up at 9 then napped from 11-2 and then wouldn't nap again and went to bed at 8:30 then up screaming by 11. She norm goes to sleep @ 9-9:30 up @ 7:30 nap 11-12/12:30 nap 3:30-5:00 then repeat...I'm so frustrated and wish she could tell me what's wrong...

Comments

• I know the temp is dropping at night in some areas and some are dressing their babies warmer, are you? Could she be hot?
  • @mijita no, we keep our house at 70 year round...I'm really wondering if its the cows milk...
  • Maybe she's not eating enough with me taking a total of 8 oz of formula away but adding 8 oz whole milk...
  • Skip it for the next few days and see if it is. Her GI may not be ready for it. Poor baby. :(
  • @mijita good idea. I was going to do that but worried ab confusing her system anymore but at this point I think I have to try it to pin point what's going on.
  • Cow milk proteins are harder for babies to digest. She's probably just not ready for it yet. Have you noticed if she's been more gassy, bloated or has had running or hard stools? Things that have changed since you started the milk. That would help you decipher if it is the milk too.
  • @mijita I was gonna say the same. Sounds like she may have painful gas from the milk.
  • edited August 2012
    X
  • edited August 2012
    I stuttered! :p
  • Naliyah has been waking up in the muffler of the night screaming crying too..she'll be 11 months next week...she just recently started doing this also and she's not on cows milk I've been trying to figure out what its from too
  • My daughter wakes up crying also :( but not every nite tho.
  • Could be a nightmare..
  • I know you said she is teething but my daughter screams through out the day kuz she's growing in her molars, check her molars maybe?
  • Tessa has been doing this off and on since about 10 months too. I really think it's just separation anxiety. The minute I walk in she's fine. Does your baby settle right down when you go in her room??
  • @mommylovessparkle her top back ones are in :-) but its like she's constantly cutting more teeth.

@starrxoxo9 I still have her sleeping in her pack n play in our room, she only goes in.her crib and plays...that needs to change asap especially with the new baby on the way!!
  • Ohh ok..hmm idk then!!
  • When my son turned 1 and we switched to cows milk his tummy got upset and had loose bowels so we switched to lactaid milk and it solved that problem. Sorry idk if it has anything to do with the waking up screaming tho
  • I feel you on that one, my daughter seems like she's constantly cutting teeth too.
  • @myheartzx3 ok so it was def the teeth more molars!!! Gave her medicine last night and she slept thru!! @mommylovessparkle she's 11 months and has over 10 teeth!
  • Wow 10 is a lot! Alana is 10mo and has 7.