new feeding routine...help?

edited August 2012 in Ages & Stages
my 10 month old pedi gave me the ok to ween her formula & give her cows milk.i decided im going to make this tub of formula her last.i give her baby food & gerber graduate toddler meals but what should her routine consist of? or chart? im ftm & im not sure what nutrients in meals substitute the formula.

Comments

• Okay, I know this doesn't answer your question, but I just heard something on the radio or somewhere about how much sodium is in the gerber graduate meals and how it is equivalent to McDonald french fries. I just googled it quick and this is what I found:

“Chicken & Pasta Wheel Pickups” dinner serves up the sodium equivalent to TWO orders of medium McDonald’s Fries."

I also found this helpful:

Sodium-levels are an epidemic. According to the Institute of Medicine, which was jointly commissioned by the Canadian and U.S. governments to determine appropriate sodium levels for dietary consumption, recommended sodium intake for each age group is:
    ■1000 mg for children aged 1 to 3
    ■1200 mg for children aged 4 to 8
    ■1500 mg for people aged 9 to 50
    ■1300 mg for adults aged 51 to 70
    ■1200 mg for seniors aged 70+

Here is the link from the article I found.
    http://www.phdinparenting.com/2010/02/02/gerber-graduates-if-the-staple-doesnt-kill-your-child-the-salt-just-might/

Sorry if you didn't want this info, but when I read your post it reminded me that I wanted to look this up and I found it helpful! I always worry so much about what to feed baby! I am also a ftm and trying to figure out all of this feeding stuff, so good question!
  • @baileygoose very good read! how old is your lo?
  • Almost 10 months!
  • @baileygoose aww my dd just turned 10 months the 19th what do u feed your lo?
  • She gets 20-25 ounces of formula/day. We feed her food 3x/day and usually a snack (mum mum's, puffs, fruit, etc). For food it's usually baby food unless we are eating something she can have then she gets table food. We also give her the rice or oatmeal with 2-3 of the feedings.
  • @baileygoose that's about the same as me but her pedi wants me to ween her off formula..do i just substitute that with cows milk?
  • I think some people mix half whole milk with half formula, just to get baby used to the taste....then slowly transition to just milk.
  • @baileygoose shes been drinking straight milk since last week & does ok with it im really happy i was told about the gerber graduates though!
  • How do u give her the milk? How often? In a sippy cup? Just switched my daughter n she gets it in a sippy cup except tonight was the first time I gave it all day n at bed... I was doing milk all day except bed time n that wad a formula bottle. She wouldn't drink it Tonight at bed but drinks it fine all day. N since IV changed to milk she's started getting picky with food n had never been that way before any suggestions?
  • @Septbabie i give her milk in a sippy throughout the day and then milk or formula in a bottle at night.i just started last week so im still pretty new to this...sry i couldn't help more
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate that makes sense..what should her routine be like with food & what can she have?