need some weaning off the breast advice

Ok so Naliyah is about to be 11 months and i'm wanting to start weaning her off the breast...she's already in the sippy cup so
1. should I try and pump milk and then put it in a sippy and also add maybe some whole milk like an ounce...
2. or should I try the sippy cup with breastmilk first then later start adding whole milk to it
3. should I try and just cold turkey cut out the breast or over time
4. How did you do it at night cause Naliyah still eats during the night
5.help please lol

Comments

• Milk might fill her up a little more so she might not need any night feedings. At 11 months you should be able to add some whole milk to the breastmilk. I'm not to much help cuz I stopped bf at 3 months
  • Im starting to wean my daughter too so im not much help but im just nursing her before bed, in the morning and at nap so im cutting out the nap time nursing and replacing it with a bottle of whole milk , soon ill start doing the same with morning feedings and night feedings will be the last to go..i feel bad cuz she just turned one and i feel like shes still "a baby" so im kinda on the fence about weaning
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Whatever you do... Don't go cold turkey @newmomma13! She may go through separation anxiety ...LOL
  • @sands3 thank you anyways hun

@YNVTish lol ok I def won't do that then

@ScarlettsMama I nurse her a lot still throughout the day like more then morning nap and night..I think I have a long way to go lol

@HomeBirthAdvocate ok so introducing some whole milk at 11 months won't be harmful to her?
  • This is good to know!
  • @kjackmom glad this can help you too

@HomeBirthAdvocate ok any other advice? Lol I'll take all I can get
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate ok gotta make a schedule then....I think it might be easy cause I've started back school so I'll be gone from her Mw from 9-2 then I go back at 5-620 then on Friday I go from 9-11 and go back from 1-330 I think for lab...what could be some things that I can feed her to substitute for the breast...I realized that like I really don't know what to feed her and that I need to start coming up with things to feed and cook for her
  • The recommended milk intake for a 1 year old is at least 24 oz a day... Then after age 2 its 16 to 24 oz day... ...maybe you could try giving your LO expressed breastmilk in a bottle for a few weeks while she gets used to more bottles and less nursing
  • @ScarlettsMama she don't take the bottle anymore

@HomeBirthAdvocate thank you momma!!!
  • they say nurce like normal then cut out one feeding a week but if you want to quicker i had to to take meds what you do is cut down on feedings for a week then take benadryl at night it will help dry you out then pump when neccisary now good news you can bf while taking it so its ok my med however you cant so i hope this helps
  • im n the same boat I dnt know where to start its like I want him off but then again that's what he loves breastfeeding he just turn 1 today and idk what to do
  • I wish bfing would have lasted longer for me. Id be one of them crazy mamas bfing their 3yo lol.
  • I know your not suppose to but what worked for me was just stopping the night feeds altogether to get him to sleep through the night and then a few weeks later I just stopped the day feedings. I would just say no boobie and tbh he wasnt really fussed and he has not become clingy or withdrawn. Go on your instincts and what your baby is like, if hes older than one its more a comfort than anything else so use substitutions but like I said its how well yoü know yourself and baby and whats right :)
  • Also he was 13 months when I stopped the night feedings and 14 when I finished altogether :)
  • I cut night feeding out at nine months. My son was 24 lbs thou and doctor said he was plenty big enough to fast over night. Take it for what you want I blew this part off, she said she thinks that is the reason a lot of kids are so overweight. I had to cut night feedings bcause my son was up every 1-2 hours still at 9-10months he was killing me. I was losing my patients. he started getting water at night and only gets up once now.
  • I need help with this too.. I ebf my son so no bottles and my plan was to be done bf by his 1st bday.. Well, he turned one last Saturday and I don't see it ending any time soon.. He doesn't care too much for milk.. I have given him cow and almond and he will sip it but that's about it.. He doesn't really do a sippy cup either.. When I give him the milk its in a regular cup and he drinks from a straw.. I'm not in a rush to get him off the boob, but I do want him to drink more Reg milk so I can let him go stay with his grandparents out of town some times. Any advice is appreciated!