Help with switching to whole milk?

How do you go about it? Mix formula and milk or just turn a formula bottle to a sippy cup of milk? Opinions/experience please!
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I just started my LO out with 4 ounces... Because she didn't care for the taste. Breastmilk spoiled her bad. With every meal I gave it to her in a sippy cup after she ate. Sometimes it was cold and sometimes warm. I wanted to see how she preferred it

Now I giver her 8 ounces at lunch and 8 at dinner. I nurse after breakfast.

She still rejects milk sometimes...

I don't have the "answer" this one is a toughy.
  • edited August 2012
    @YNVTish thanks hopefully someone else who formula fed can help a little more thanks for giving me you input tho I plan on starting real soon she just turned 11 months today is it ok to slowly start before a year?
  • edited August 2012
    @Chelcie89 ... I started mine around 11 months
  • @YNVTish thanks I think I might start her tomorrow if I can figure out which way would be better lol
  • edited August 2012
    I actually just started giving my lo milk today. I mixed half formula and half milk. I think he noticed a difference because he'd take his bottle out and look it and he'd put it back in...lol but he finished it and he seems to be doing fine w it:) he'll be 11mths on Sun.
  • @juliansmommy thanks I think I'm gonna start Savanah in the morning
  • I started yesterday. The first bottle I did half milk half formula. Then I ran out so I just do all milk. He loves it no problems so far.
  • @YNVTish @JuliansMommy & @LaFiiTz89 wish me luck I just gave her 2ozs whole milk and 4ozs formula we'll see how she does she's sleeping now :) she still only drinks 4 to 6oz bottles is that normal at 11 months?
  • My son drinks 8oz. Like at least 4 times a day
  • Good luck:) my son drinks 4-6oz too.
  • @LaFiiTz89 my daughter drinks 3 or 4 4 to 6oz bottles a day.

@JuliansMommy how many bottles a day does he usually have?
  • edited August 2012
    I'd say 4-5 per day...somedays more some days less...
  • That's how I started Juliana and I would go another 2oz the next week so by her 1st birthday she was completely switched over. About 2 weeks after she was completely on whole milk I did away with bottle and now she only has sippys.
  • @JuliansMommy so do you think 3 or 4 is enough its usually all 6oz bottles but she sometimes doesn't finish it all so she gets about 15-24oz a day usually 18-22 or so tho I'd say on average
  • @MorgDeeBee that's exactly my plan bottles are out of the picture really soon lol
  • Yeah that sounds about right:) if she's like my son she probably prefers food over milk.lol Which is a good thing:)
  • @JuliansMommy Yah pretty much but she does like her milk but I think she prefers real food lol
  • Alana drinks 5-6 four to six oz bottles a day. She's 10 months
  • I started two weeks ago when my daughter turned 11 months...last week I mixed 1/4 milk with 3/4 formula this week I'm doing 1/2 milk with 1/2 formula and so far so good she seems to love it or not notice a difference. Next week I will do 3/4 milk 1/4 formula and then the next week its all milk :) I have allowed her to keep it in her bottle and then once she's completely switched I will begin to slowl take the bottle away. She already drinks from a sippy cup but only water so soon it will be only sippy cups. Good luck!!
  • Nicholas was drinking 8oz btls so when it came time to switch we did 3 scoops 6oz water and 2oz whole milk did that for a week then on week 2 did 2 scoops 4oz water and 4 milk then week 3 did 1 scoop 2oz water and 6 milk. I also started at 11 months and thats why I did it so slow. Then on 4 week did 100% whole milk. He did fine with it. Just watch for runny nose fever things like that
  • @kindell looks like we went about it the same way and so far so good :-)
  • edited August 2012
    @kenzie0713 & @kindell that's my plan pretty much but she only drinks about 6oz at a time so it will only take 3 weeks instead of 4 lol. Thanks :)