Wont let me set him down

edited September 2012 in First time moms
My 10month old will not let mr sit him down every time i do he cries his little heat out and i so.wanna nip this an quick. Any.one been threw this or have.any advise pls help

Comments

• Oh I hear that comes from holding them too much since they were born... now their so used to it they dont want you to put them down. I would just say let him cry it out he will get used to it. I know it's hard to let them cry because its just an instint for us to wanna give them every little thing. But this will teach him that mama has to do other things to not just hold him 24/7....

My baby gets like that sometimes.. if the crying gets to be too much try giving him a passifier or a toy with noise to it to play with. It always calms my baby down..
  • My son gets clingy like that it seems like when he doesn't feel good or has teeth coming in.
  • I wouldn't just ignore him, but rather help him learn to play by himself. Get on the floor and play, or while he's on the floor and you're doing stuff, sing or talk to him.
  • Sounds likE your LO is feeling insecure and needs a cuddle. Don't just let them cry it out. Rather like the above poster said, I would cuddle then sit down on the floor and teach them to be secure by themselves...by playing with a toy, singing and talking in soothing tones.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks everyone for the advice im gonna try it hope it works so i have to do this a whole week
  • @paige11 omggg my 1 year old is the same but only thing Is that he's so soiled where if I walk away or out the room he cries I could just walk out the room to use the bathroom really quick n he automatically just crys smh honestly I'm.so tired of him being this way I just want him to just relax when. I walk away n to just learn to keep himself busy n content while I'm away for a few minutes but hopefully all u can do is stop holding him so much n just let him cry sometimes n hope he Judy grows out of it
  • It's totally normal for his age and stage. He'll grow out of it as long as you help him feel safe and secure. When mine fusses if I walk away, I make it a game so he has fun chasing me until something else gets his attention.