Chamomile Tea for teething babies

edited September 2012 in Babies
I saw this suggested a couple of days ago and as you ladies have really got me looking into alternatives for the kids I thought I would give it a go with Riley as nothing seems to work to settle him, especially at night! I bought 100% chamomile tea and made 4oz of tea and added in a further 2 ounces of water. He won't drink it! Just wondered if there are any ideas to make him take it, could I mix it with his milk for example? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I've mixed it in jacks milk before. He drinks it straight too
  • Alana drinks it straight also,maybe add a dash of sugar. or some lemon?
  • Ok thanks ladies @MommyLovesSparkle and @sands3
    As I have only tried him a couple of times last night I'm going to try again first and then maybe add it to his milk if he won't take it. Lemon sounds a good idea.... I didn't want to go down the sweetening road unless I really have to! Do you ladies find it works well? X
  • It works pretty good for Jack. One time I made enough for the week then warmed it up as needed...that didn't work well. I found it works best for him if I make it fresh
  • Yes I made it up fresh last night and that is what it suggests on the packet. Thanks hun @sands3
  • At my local health food store they have this teething liquid that is all natural and mainly just chamomile. I cant give him anything else because they all seem to have a form of dairy in them.

I tried it last night, it was easy to give him and he slept great! I gave him some again this morning and he is taking a very long needed nap. I'm happy with it. I also have tea but he won't drink it.
  • I gave him some tea earlier and he wouldn't take it again so I mixed in a bit of milk and he drank most of it then. It was a bit early as I planned to give it him before bed but he was really grumpy and it seemed to calm him! So will see if he sleeps any better, think it will be a bit of trial and error! Will check out the local health food store this week and see what they have there too @LittleFae thanks!
  • @littllenat86 you're welcome :) I'm not nnear it but later tonight ill give you the name of what I use. I hope the tea is helping your llo
  • Well! He slept really well, he woke up once but went straight back to sleep and has only just woken up (7.15am). Normally from 4/5am he is really niggly and moany and doesn't sleep properly and is up as soon as Daddy is at 6.30am. Who knows if it is the tea but we will definitely stick with it! X