HELP!! 3M & up every 2 hrs!

edited September 2012 in First time moms
Sure as heck ain't puttin this under "just for fun"

The past 2 nights Levi has been waking up every 2 hrs. During the day he eats every 3 hrs. When he was younger he would do a big stretch about 6 hrs after his last feeding at 7-8. Now its less then 4 for that and after that feeding its been less then 3.

Do any of you have any advice?

Ugh I just hope its a growth spurt cuz this mama is tired! I'm going to try feeding him like ever 2 1/2 hrs during the day and see if that helps any!

I also tried feeding him more at his last feeding. 5 oz instead of the 4 he does throughout the day when I don't bf him. Didn't work! Are at 830 and was up at 1155. :( zzzz :S

** to make things worse (completely unrelated) we have a f*cking mouse in our house! Ick! My husband found turds in the kitchen drawers! Hopefully we got the little shit/shits cuz I want to puke!

Comments

• @kristaf22 oh gosh! I Hope levi doesn't do it that long! I'm on a day 2 and want to kill myself (not literally!)
  • Hopefully a growth spirt hun as my 7mo went from sleeping through to waking around 12 every night but sheld settle after 5/10 mins just do as uve said and up food and see how goes as now I've added porridge in the morning and for tea proper solid food rarther than a jar she's back to sleeping through :) xxx gl mama xx
  • LOL at ur first line.

Ugh my baby was doing soo good sleeping thru the night only waking once if even until she was 4 months. Since then she wakes up 3 or 4 times...2 times if im lucky. She's 8 months now. Idk what to tell u because I can't figure it out myself lol
  • Eli is 1 month on Wednesday and would wake up like that and the night before last, I was able to sleep only an hour all night. the past two nights, he only woke up twice and I notice he sleeps better when I give him a bath before his bed time bottle (bf throughout the day) and he sleeps almost all night. have you tried that?
  • I weigh so its hard to breast feed all day. He only gets 2 bottles. I work at a day care he if in my room. Its worth a shot but I don't want him getting too attached. My coworkers kid was horrible. Wouldn't take bottles ever until she quit. And then when he drank bottles, he would only take from her! @babycomingsoon143
    @myheartzx3 gosh I how it doesn't last that long!
  • My almost 11 mo still wakes every 3 hours to nurse lol sometimes I'm lucky and she sleeps up to 5 hours.
  • Breast fed babies tend to need feeding more regularly but it sounds like he could be having a growth spurt! It shouldn't last too much longer if it is, hope you get some sleep x
  • Hope its just a growth spurt. We do a bath, with bedtime lotion and a really low night light in her room. I'm sorry I'm not much help my lo started sleeping through the night at 2 months and was back to getting up around 6-7 months and now at 10 months I think we are back to sleeping through the night..crossing my fingers for the both of us.
  • He got a bath tonight... But they aren't suppose to get baths every night... so how does that work? or if I just put the bed time lotion on every night? @trixiesmom8
  • True...we started doing baths every night when she started crawling. So yea I would try the lotion every night, the scent should be enough to calm him down.
  • @myheartzx3 Addy has been waking multiple times a night over the last week...driving me crazy!
  • @misskristin has she been sleeping thru the night before? Maybe she's teething?

It's been 4 months and I miss my sleep lol. Hazel will have one lOng stretch like she will sleep from 8-2 or 3 am...then it seems like she wakes every hour after that just to use my boobs as a pacifier.
  • She was sleeping through the night for the last 6 months (most of the time). I think it's teething & a growth spurt.