my neighbors dog..

Barks ALL NIGHT LONG! The poor thing is tied to a pole on the corner of their house. It has no room to run around, it's water is probably dirty. I feel so sad for it. I'm thinking about calling animal control but they make me nervous. I don't want them to find out it was me while my husband is out of town. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions would help!

Comments

• edited February 2013
  • edited September 2012
    @mommyfor3 I totally would but I don't know if it bites. They had another dog which was nice and always got loose, but this one is new
  • Bring a steak with you :)
  • @captivated lol! Maybe I'll try that tomorrow. My other neighbor who lives across from the creepy ones says she saw a bunch of rubbermaid containers outside. Hopefully they are moving!! I haven't felt safe home alone since they moved in
  • edited September 2012
    Report it and let them know you want to remain anonymous. They'll respect your wishes, as they are concerned primarily for the welfare of animals and elements that are borderline cruel. I believe a dog cannot be chained for more than 18 hours/day and they must have a 12 foot chain, access to shelter and food. I don't understand why people have animals if they are just going to tie them up and neglect them. :(
  • @Mijita I don't know why either. The dog doesn't not have shelter. I'm def calling tomorrow!
  • It is illegal here to even have your dog on a chain!
  • I go through the same thing with the neighbors on both sides of me. I finally reported one of them to the police and humane society
  • Do not let our loose loose Because what if he runs off gets lost and hurt. Call the control and tell them u don't want the neighbors to know it was u. But u feel like the dog needs better treatment from its owner.
    But on the other note I get more sleep from my daughter then I do from my neighbor. There are a bunch of them always awake always stumping around. Well every night starting at about 3am they must all take showers it goes on like 5 times and it's very loud. Oh and they bought new alarm or just started using it. But for about 3 weeks now they got this loud ass alarm that goes off 3 different times and they just let it ring forever and it sounds like it's right next to me that's how loud it is. So I feel u. Sounds like no one is getting any sleep.