when did ur child start walking? if before 1yrs of age dont comment please

edited September 2012 in First time moms
my son is now 13 months he just crawls n walks with support while I'm holdhim but can't stand or walk without support alone. wat was the age of ur chold when they started walking over the age of 1 only! and should I be worried?

Comments

• 14 mos for both my boys. One was very preemie though. It is normal for some to not walk until then. Have you talked to doc or an early intervention team yet?
  • My little one started walking 2 weeks past his birthday but the little boy I babysit just started walking at 17 months. I think it really depends on the baby.
  • My son started before one, but I didn't walk u til I was 15 months. Do you have a push walker for him to use?
  • My sons eleven months and shows ml signs of walling. I'm curious too
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My niece didnt start walking until 15 months and she is just fine :)
  • Skylee 15 months austin 12 months and anthony is 12 and is barely takin steps
  • My kids walked early but I didnt walk till 13 months
  • My son is 1 today n he started walking a week ago but he still doesn't walk everywhere only when he's standing against something then he will take off then drop to a crawl.
  • She was about 12.5 months
  • 13 months old! he was walking holding things and standing alone from about 12months thougg!
    my friends little boy wouldnt stand or anything and then at 13.5 months just got up and walked
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • She was about 13-14 months before she started walking on her own fully
  • My 15 month old isnt walking yet he keeps trying the odd step here and there it actually really upsets me now everyone with babies i know are walking most younger than him. I feel like ive done something wrong.
  • My son started at 13m, he wasn't interested at all thou. He'll pull up on things but wouldn't walk. My told me to get him some walking shoes but I figured he had sneakers y did he need special ones (my daughter walked early without them) well I went to get them anyway n come to find out the ones he was wearing were way too small :O he literally started walking the next day!!! I felt so bad
  • One at 13mo and other at 15mo
  • Savanah is the same as @BlessedTXMom 's son and she's 2 days older then him lol. And Savanah won't stand without holding something or my hands she did one time for maybe 10 seconds then dropped to her butt and hasn't done it again..
  • thanks everyone
  • My son is also 13 months, nearly 14 and just cruises on furniture, he cant even stand alone yet either but Im not worried yet, ill give him till xmas then Im gonna start worrying lol :)
  • My daughter was just shy of 18 months, and son was about 15 months. Both could sit, crawl, everything else early but walking forget it. They would walk with me, even just holding the tip of my finger but as soon as I'd pull my finger away they'd plop down.
    My Dr said he wouldn't worry only if it went past 18 months...which neither made it to.
  • My dad didn't walk til he was two my grandmother told us. But he really smart so I'm thinking the ones that don't walk early make up for it in other areas. My daughter wasn't two and could put a puzzle together and was spelling at 2.5 years old.
  • 4 days after his 1st birthday.... Hopefully he starts walking soon:)
  • My son is 13 months ans taking a few steps on his own. We've been trying to work with him since he was 9 months but seriously didn't want help - he's been doing it on his own. Just today he started taking like 8+ steps by himself without falling down... :)
  • I think my mom said I was 15 months or so when I walked!
  • Mine was just like @mrswright08 .. about 2 weeks past her birthday.
  • Ally didn't start walking until she was was 14 months. I wouldn't worry babies do things when they want to. I really don't believe that kids have to do things by a certain time. Their all different. Your son is perfectly normal he'll do it when you least expect him to :-D
  • edited October 2012
    my son just started walking like a week ago. He is 13 months. Now he rather walk around the house. It is so cute tho because he is still learning and he looks like a zombie trying to walk. LOL :-))