HELP, please!

edited September 2012 in Babies
Ever since Jack was sick he has been extremely clingy. I can't leave the room or even turn my back without him flipping out. I don't know what to do. He stood at the baby gate for almost 20 mins screaming and crying while I made breakfast. How can I get him to stop this? He used to be fine and play on the floor by himself while I did stuff.

Comments

• Nobody has any advice?
  • I have no idea :-S Maybe try wearing him a couple of days, i've been wanting a carrier that goes on your back. I can't stand to see my lo crying, i'm sorry mama!
  • How long ago was he sick? Maybe he's still not feeling totally better? He loves his mama. :)
  • Mine got like that. I just dealt with it. While cooking or cleaning in the kitchen i put her in the high chair with snacks or food. And yesterday i took her in the shower with me cause i needed to get ready for work.
  • Ever since I've gotten big pregnant my twins do the same thing, especially my daughter. I kep up to pee or take trash out, and it's the end of the world. If I go into the kitchen behind the bsby gate? Oh good Lord. I give them crackers or cheese while I do stuff and it distracts them for a bit, but I wish they would calm down :( I'm sorry I'm not much help, but I understand.
  • Oliver was like that after he was in the hospital. It was sorta stressful, but I just learned to deal. I would take him to where ever I was going and use toys, or books, or sung to him. Your LO is just feeling insecure, it happens to the best of us. But distancing yourself from him by putting up a baby gate between you two is not going to help the situation.
  • @mommyof3girls he was sick the beginning of the week. His fever has been gone since Wednesday and he's eating again but maybe he's not fully back to himself.
    @Kimberly4411 I have a Moby wrap I can do a side hold and see if that helps a little
  • @Ashley_smashley I've tried toys and snack but he just throws them and cries for me. I only put up the gate cuz he gets into the dogs water. He's been getting jealous if my oldest sits with me too.
  • @BlessedTXMom I've tried talking to him, singing to him, playing peek-a-boo, nothing seems to calm him down
  • LoL my Ollie loves that dang water bowl! When I said don't put a gate between you I ment like bring him in, in his high chair, or a carrier...sorry didn't specify.
  • @ashley_smashley I'm going to try the Moby wrap again but he's so darn heavy
  • London is the same way. She hates to be left alone. Even for a minute. I have a few woven wraps that are life savers. I wear her whenever I have something that needs to get done. She loves being on my back!
  • Can you distract him with toys and then slip away when he's not paying attention? I have to do that with Keegan sometimes.
  • @1stWoodsBaby I've tried that. As soon as he notices I left, he screams. He did pretty good today other than breakfast. It helps when Connor is here to play with him