the "sweat it out" method

My daughter will be 1 in a week and decided to get her first fever last night...not sure if its teething or sickness but she has nothing but a fever...when I noticed she was warm I asked hubby to take us home and his reply was bundle her up in tons of clothes and let her sweat it out(rolls eyes) I argued that my sister had seizures due to high fever so no im not doing that...gave her a bath and took temp 102.9..and he still wanted her to sweat it out so I give her meds and he takes it upon himself to bath her in vicks (no signs of sickness) and tries putting some on her nose...when I explain that really one works for stuffiness he throws it down and said he will just stop trying to be daddy..so now I have a sick baby and a cry baby...am I crazy thinking its wrong?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My son had no signs if illness besides a fever and it ended up being an ear infection. I think most men are like that. Want to help, but do things that make no sense lol. Hope your little one feels better soon.
  • We have vicks for babys and it is safe, although I only think it works for stuffy/runny nose and congestion.
  • I just need to say after listening to other moms on this forum that its a good thing he is trying to help. Years ago they did 'sweat it out' but now a days its a little bit better treated with medicine... My hubby went out and bought 4 different types of diaper rash cream, corn starch, athletes foot cream and tylenol for my sons diaper rash one time - He over did it, and I think (Dont know for sure :-D ) but thats just what your hubby did.
  • My hubby is a sweat out out kind of guy too! Lol a cool bath and cool towel behind the neck will help lower the temp if you don't want to give meds..
  • Yes, cool bath works best. Jack was sick last week and the bath is the only thing that lowered his temp
  • Cool baths all the way!
  • Never, ever let a baby sweat it out. You want to keep clothes OFF during a fever. :) Silly hubby. Mommy intuition knows best.
  • a fever isn't a bad thing. it's our body's way of fighting the infection. I would suggest light layers and allow them to rest. if it goes higher than 103 is when its a concern. good luck with cry baby. my husband is like that n its annoying but he's just trying to be helpful.