Eliminating Dairy

edited September 2012 in Breastfeeding
My lo has horrible gas. She cries uncontrolably until she passes it, and then the cycle continues. We've tried gas drops, and they only work up to a certain point, and then give her no relief. I'm assuming dairy is the culprit here. I don't drink any sodas or eat any of the gas producing foods like broccoli, onions, garlic etc. Where would I get my calcium from if I'm eliminating dairy from my diet? Would I need a supplement? I don't eat soy based foods either so I won't be getting it from that source.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama_kat yeah she does seem to spit up a lot, but only right before I can burp her. I can lay her down flat, and she doesn't cry or anything. She does have lots of gas though..she's passing it all day almost.
  • @homebirthadvocate I'll try that..I hope its just dairy that's causing her to be uncomfortable and nothing else!
  • @mama_kat I'm going to call her pedi then...I was just reading something about it. She's spit up 4 times in the past hour and a half. I've went through 3 boppy slip covers in the past 2 days as well..and she's constantly spitting up all over our bed! My son never spit up, but only maybe twice! I wonder what they'll do if she does have it? Give her a liquid zantac? Oh and sometimes when she's on my breast she'll unlatch and start screaming, and then its hard to get her to latch on and stay on!
  • They gave my daughter liquid zantac when she was little and it did nothing for her spitting up.
  • @morgdeebee did it at least help her though?
  • @mama_kat I keep her propped up after I feed her so she's not just laying flat all the time...which seems to let her pass gas easily. I'm going to eliminate diary for a week and see if her gas goes away, and if it doesn't I'll take her in.
  • I didn't feel like it changed anything so we took her off of it and had to ride it out, one day it just stopped.