getting a tattoo while breastfeeding

edited September 2012 in Breastfeeding
Yay or nay?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Majority of tattoo shops will not give someone who is BF a tattoo due to risk of infection and such.
  • I believe I have seen others say no.
  • No because there is always a small risk of infection
  • No because your boobies are more sensitive to infection wait until your done with the breastfeeding with the child.
  • Everyone on here says no but my cousin just got 2 while breastfeeding and I asked her about it and she said they didn't ask about lol so who knows
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They might not ask verbally but it should be in the paperwork you sign. Nothing could happen, provided you go to a clean place and take good care of it. However, the concern with getting tattoos while bfing, is that if you get an infection, it will get into your breast milk and passed to your baby. Only you can decide if the benefit out weighs the possible risk.
  • I did and I asked my friend who is tattoo artist she was the one that did that one and said that now days everything is packaged individually. I would ask the place where u want to get it done see how they feel and when I did that they said they do it all the time because a lot of mothers want to get something for their Lo :)
  • I have gotten pierced and a tat nursing, they asked in the paperwork too. It depends on the place.
  • Thanks ladies!
  • Of course the Tattoo parler wont say anything, they wanna make money...
  • I'm pretty sure the tattoo parlor wouldn't risk their operating license. Kinda hard to make that money if you're shut down.