Dang supply

edited September 2012 in Breastfeeding
I feel incredibly guilty because I had to give Archer a few milliliters of formula mixed with breastmilk. I want to be strictly breastfeeding this time! Damn supply hasn't caught up yet. *sigh* it's easier to deal with the pain when there is something to show for it!

Comments

• Just offer boob. He might nurse all day, but it will definitly help!
  • @caroline8_p oh he would, and I'd let him. Lol but he was crying so hard. He was hungry and we'd tried everything and not even a drop of milk would come out. After going through this with my twins, I knew me being worried about him eating wouldn't help, so he got a smidge of formula. Lol just feel bad about it on my end. This morning's feeding went great though because the girls got a little break!
  • make sure to eat lots and i mean LOTS of protein! When my supply is low i eat protein and then a little bit later my supply is crazy! Also if you like raw almonds get some of them to snack on while you're bfing him..they help with your supply as well. hope your supply picks back up soon! :)
  • Make sure you're drinking lots of fluids, too. :)
  • edited September 2012
    That's how I felt in the beginning...after weeks she would always seem hungry so I took more milk plus and it helped give my supply a boost :)
  • Oatmeal is supposed to be good for increasing supply, too!
  • @EricaK22 I actually went out and bought my weight in raw almonds after reading this. After a few feedings I noticed he was gulping. Totally worked! Thank you so much! (May get tired of almonds soon though baha)

@RTMommy I'm drinking tons of water, but I was a little dehydrated from delivery so I think it's helping me play catch up. Lol

@myHEARTZx3 ooooh what is that?!

@lucyloo288 Welp guess I know what I'm eating for breakfast. Lol

• That's what made me give up we hated to see her cry like crazy cause i couldnt produce enough..
  • @AishaMusa awww that's awful :( We started the twins on formula because I was literally bleeding into the milk and didn't realize it. I was in so much pain and they were starving! Now, it's better, and only one, so it's a little easier. Still just have to get past the pain factor and know it's 100% OK to give a little formula. Lol that's the hardest for me. Makes me feel like a failure (thanks, society.)
  • Glad hear their suggestions working
  • I'm happy to hear it's working better for you though..