Pain. Wish it would go away. Update

edited October 2012 in Health
I havent found a dr who I can afford to go see. My shoulder hurts cuz of my accident and my back is hurting, I think its cause of my kidney's. And right above my pelvic area hurts a lot. I am so tired of pain. I just want to cry.
What would make my kidney hurt? And do I have to get medical attention? I cant afford to go to a primary care dr. I dont wsnt to be in pain anymore.
@captivated

Comments

• why isn't their insurance covering dr visits for you, hon? it was their fault...i'd be going and getting checked out sooner rather than later. just make sure you file the claim with them to take care of the issues them hitting you caused. really hope some good comes to you soon. your family has been through enough.
  • @rtmommy the shoulder pain is covered but I have to pay the dr 1st and get reimbersed. The other 2 areas I dont think are related to accident.
  • That's rough :/ I'm sorry.
  • @rtmommy it is. I just want to cry. I have missed so much work cuz of my shoulder and now this other pain comes along. Im so tired and frustrated.
  • Maybe for now just keep up on taking ibuprofen. It will keep swelling down in your shoulder so you can hopefully function more. Just make sure you eat when you take it because it's hard on your gut. Is hubby having any luck finding a job? Maybe he could help out more so you can see a Dr. And do you have any kind of medical help like Medicare? I would think after everything your family has been through that you qualify for help with that.
  • Hubby is still looking for job. Medicaid only qualifies us for spend down which is almost $300. We are getting the money for the van on monday. The van we found and are getting is less then what we getting. So I think I will just go pay for a dr and get reimbersed.
  • Kidney pain could be a stone, kidney infection, uti and that's about it. :(
  • @captivated what would cause it? Do I need to go to dr?
  • If it's kidney stones you may pass them. If it's a UTI you may need some medical assistance so it doesn't get worse and cause more problems.
  • Kidney stones require some medical intervention and/or evaluation. A large stone can obstruct your ureter which causes urine to back up into the kidneys, leading to urinary retention and eventually sepsis or kidney failure. A lot of stones require lithotripsy (breaking up of the stone) and some pass on their own. An untreated UTI can cause a kidney infection and untreated can turn severe.
  • @captivated @crisjoe @rtmommy thank you for your responses. I am going to go to the dr on monday. I just want the pain to stop. I thought about going to er cuz its not alway extream pain (there are some down points) but sometimes the pain is pretty bad.
  • Don't mess around with stones! Mine required surgery twice and the second one landed me with a shunt (or stint... can't honestly remember what it was called) due to scar tissue. Definitely get checked!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Our family friend had to go for surgery for stones I would sure have doc look at it I am sorry these things keep happening to u.
  • @captivated yes! There we go. Thank you :)
  • edited September 2012
    I still have pain but it kinda comes and goes. The pain in my back is like...... Uumm. Kinda achy? Dull? I honestly dont know how to describe it. thank you for all the imput. Im going to go see dr tomorrow.
    @captivated @jules @mrsstanley_x2 @mama_kat
  • I'm happy you are going asap, my mother had kidney stones and chose to ignore them. Well we all sat in the ER on mothers day while she had emergency surgery. Her doctor informed us that if she had waited another day her kidneys would have shut down.
  • Ooh I am soo glad u can go see a doc. Just ask them everything don't be shy I get that way sometimes :).. I hope it goes well and u can get some answers!
  • I have to use some money from the check from the car. I want to talk to him about my back and other pain. But I need to get my shoulder taken care of. @jules
  • Well sounds like your have good plan and on the right track to being pain free.
  • @angel26 just thinking of you. Any update on your dr's visit?
  • @mrsdavis thanks for thinking of me. I did go to dr. but only spoke about the shoulder. He sending me to physical therapy. My back hasnt been hurting so much the last couple days. Just my shoulder. Plus ive had a migraine the past 2days. But oh well.
  • @angel26 Awww honey you just can't catch break. I hope physical therapy will work out for you & you get some answers. As far as the migraines, have you tried drinking a little bit of caffine (soda or coffee), it sometimes takes the edge off for me. I hope you get some rest and get to feeling better soon : )
  • @mrsdavis I have tried a ton of things. Nothing helps.
  • The bad thing with missing so much work due to my shoulder, now im starting to not want to go back to work. :-(
    I know I need to work (this happens every time I have a job) I have been so tired and in lots of pain also dealing with everything I just feel overwelmed. I know I need a job. But its really hard when I get to this point.
  • @angel26 Don't give up hun....I promise things will get so much better. Think about your family.....think about you. You got this, just hang in there PLEASE. I am not giving up hope for you and your family so you can't give up either. Now put on a smile and continue to have a blessed day. Remember that all pain doesn't last forever......only for a moment. Be strong.
  • @mrsdavis thank you for the encouragement. I am trying.
  • @angel26 Don't try honey just do it. I live in Ga and I wish you and your family lived closer. I am one of those women with such a huge heart......I so would help you out any way that I could. I am here if you ever need a distant friend. I may be too far for a hug but always close enough to lend a listening ear.
  • @mrsdavis thank you. I went to work today and was glad I went. I was wishing I could just not go back. But I went in and was ok. I would like that thank you. If you ever want to text me my number is 8015484492