Ouch!!

edited October 2012 in Breastfeeding
Since her second tooth cut through she has been biting me and ow does it hurt! I know she doesn't mean to, like tonight I was trying to nurse her to sleep and she kept doing it(i think she was nodding off and slipped off) anyways I put my boobie away and telling her she can't bite mommy and she got this sad look on her face and was trying to pull it back out. It broke my heart a little, but not as much as it hurt to get bit 3x in a row! I am slowly cutting out feedings so not too much longer of this.

Comments

• Aww hope it gets better.
  • Its just a phase! I hated that phase! My "motto" if they're in pain, i can take the pain too. I just deal wiith it.
  • That's no fun I'm sorry. At last your Lo has teeth. Scarlett is almost 10 months and got nothing. Which I'm not complaining I know that now that she's little older they take pain much better which is easier on both of us :)
  • Ow!! My son starting biting at 13 months...let's just say that was the last time he got boob LOL
  • Mine does the same thing! Omg ouch! She has 4 teeth, 2 on top and bottom.
  • Ouch. My daughter has 8 teeth now but she doesn't really bite me. She has a few times but I took my boob away like u said...the only time she bit me hard was when she was cutting her first tooth. Thankfully the other times she bit softly. I think I'd bleed If she she but hard. Lol
  • @steph_due_101611 thanks me too.
    @caroline8_p I don't think she is in pain tho.
    @jules she only has 2(both on bottom) I think she is starting on one of the top but I haven't been able to tell yet.
    @erikak22 yea, I'm going to have to say if she does it again I'll be weaning sooner lol.
    @bahamamama4828 it sucks!! I know she doesn't mean to do it on purpose but it still hurts like a witch.
    @myheartx3 8?! Wow! I think I would die if she bit me lol. She didn't use to until she got her second tooth, and even now its once in a while, she just did it 3-4x last night.
  • Oh man my son does it a lot also my nipple is so sore I yell at him he'll listen but later dose it again I can't wait to switch him next month hell b 1
  • @roxy yea...I think I will slowly wean her now so its not so bad, it shouldn't be hard since she only nurses 3x a day anyways.
  • Well good for her but soo much fun for you though :(. I guess she's just ready to explore what more she can eat :)
  • @jules yepp! yepp! She def likes to eat:-)
  • @trixiesmom8 lol I think we all do. At last when they are little chunky people think it's cute why is it not cute when we get little chunky? Hehe. I took Scarlett to her 9 month check up last week but she's really almost 10 moths the doc said she's a little big not too big though which didn't make sense since she is between 15 to 20th %?...
  • How do u wean her dwn my son always wants the boob
  • @jules lol true!! Idk I wish it was then I would be really cute! Lol. That doesn't seem big to be. My lo has always been around the 50% and her doc has never said anything.
    @roxy the easiest way is to cut out a feeding. But before I had just gotten her on a schedule idk how really it just kind of fell into place on its own, I started realizing she was doing the same things at the same time every day and stuck with it so now its our normal routine.
  • I don't think it's big I think she was trying to say she's smaller now BC last time she had check up she was 40th. And she thought that was great so I'm thinking she was having long day lol.
  • Lol oh gotcha!! @jules