Turned a new chapter in my life today

edited October 2012 in Military moms
I try my hardest to keep this a secret from you ladies but oh what the heck.....LOL! I am a active duty service member for the US Army. I have been in for almost 4 yrs. Well today I just Re-enlisted for another 3 years. I am so proud of myself & never thought I'd see this day. I promise I was on my way out the door until one day I received an email and it was my orders to get out. That same day I went to my Commander & said "Ma'am I don't want these." It took me 3 PT Tests & A LOT of pain to get to this moment today. My son was able to be there and that meant soooo much to me. Just wanted to share this with my Pregly family.......I am a living proof that us women are strong as hell and will do whatever it takes to make it & provide for our family.

Comments

• Congrats! That's awesome!
  • @sands3 Thank you....I feel like Super Woman today.
  • I bet! I'm a military wife but could never do what you do.
  • @sands3 I believe that all women are capable of doing what I do and what most of the men do as well. It's all a mental game and you just gotta learn how to play it.
  • Why hide something you should be so proud of?! That's awesome. Congrats on your decision! :) @RedShadoe0 is an active duty gal, too. You're not the only one. Don't hide!! :)
  • @RTMommy I just don't like all the attention that's all but I had to share my happiness with my Pregly family. I didn't know @RedShadoe0 was active duty also, I thought I was the only one....LOL! And thank you.
  • Ah, yeah, I'm not big on attention either, or I'd make more posts. LOL You're welcome. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Awww, congratulations!! I tried the army out right after I graduated high school in 2008 but I just couldn't get it right during basic training. I guess it just wasn't for me....but no need to keep your occupation a secret! Keep up the good work and thanks for serving!
  • edited October 2012
    Congrats!!! I am an 8 year in service and an Iraq Veteran and d@mn proud of what I (We) do/did... :-)
  • That's so awesome congratulations! And thank you for your service. :)
  • Congrats hun!!! We are proud of you!
  • That is awesome, congrats!
  • I was the same way when I reenlisted lol. I literally.waited till the last day before I got out to sign the damn papers lol. I just can't walk away from a good life... Yesterday was actually 8 years in for me!!! Congrats!!! I hope you enjoy the next few years!!!
  • @everyone Thank you!!! I am just more happy that I get to continue to provide for my son and be an example to others that anything is possible.