Potty training questions

Okay I see numerous mommys on here that have started potty training their One year olds. I officially feel like I'm slacking lol. My LO will be one this coming up Saturday and I haven't even thought of potty training yet. So how did u start it? I have a little boy and I just don't know where to begin. I can't even see him comprehending this idea right now but maybe iI just have little faith! Lol

And ideas or suggestions are very much appreciated!

Comments

• Glad you posted this. My first will be 1 on Friday. Im behind in the game as well.
  • I just take Savanah with me to the potty when I have to go or when she gets up from a nap and let her sit there for a few minutes and today is the first time I really took her a few different times I've took her 3 times today and she didn't do anything the first time the second time she pooped after like a minute of sitting there and the third time she peed as soon as I sat her down
  • Do u have a little potty or just a seat for the toilet?
  • She has a potty that makes music when you "flush" it and the first few times I took her she just played with the handle but today she has used it 2 out of 3 times :)
  • Honestly, I can't believe that people are potty training so early. I didn't think that babies that age had any comprehension of what they're doing.. I personally won't start potty training my daughter until at least 15-18 months. More power to the moms and LOs who are having success, tho!
  • sreading over that, it might sound offensive, but I'm not trying to be rude! Ijust didn't think it could be done because I've never heard of it..
  • I didn't train my son till 2.5 I think no matter what age you start its darn hard work if they fight you on it
  • One is extremely early. Average age to begin is around 18months. Potty training before your LO is ready can be a little detrimental. Don't worry. Your LO is likely not ready so don't stress it!!
  • You arent slacking! My sister started young with her child then her daughter went back to diapers because she refused to go on the potty. I'm waiting until madison shows an interest (18+m)
  • I am for sure waiting Scarlett will be 1 on a little over 2 months and I just don't see her doing that. maybe it's just me and will see when it gets closer.
  • I have heard of many people having successful stories but I think they must have more patience than myself lol! I think I might buy a potty and strt getting him comfortable with it but I seriously have no expectations nor do I want to push him into it too soon.

• That would be good. Just let him play around with it :)
  • @crystaldawn0830 that was/is my exact plan but she just so happened to use. It twice today :) no pressure just trying to get her use to it