I was so excited..

My husband has been working on renovating our new room for almost 6 months now. He hasn't finished anything.. started a bunch of projects, but hasn't finished a single one. For comparisons sake, let's only look at the amount of time that he spent primimg the walls/ceiling. It took him almost a month to finish two coats. It took me less than two days to apply two coats of paint to the same surface area. I'm really pissed because 1) I had to finish what he started and 2) he hasn't shown any reaction to all of my hard work. No "it looks good" or "thanks for finishing it" or even an "it looks like shit."

I was so excited to have it done, but now I'm just pissed off and sore.

Comments

• I hear ya girl...my fiancee does that too. The boys room is still a work in progress...the baby is 6 mo old. Most of the projects I end up doing. The only way he does them is lately his job is doing layoff weeks, where he is off all week. I put him to work those weeks bc the he has no excuse that he is tired from working lol. I think its a man thing bc my dad used to and still does the same thing.
  • That would really make me mad. Last time we moved with was over two years ago he painted the whole place in two days. And I wanted the rooms different colors to go with all poor decorations. Oh and I those two days he moved everything from the old place to the new place with only the help of his brother with the big stuff. All I had to do was tell him what I want and where and I got to decorate. But we have same views when it comes to that stuff want it to look good and be perfectly moved on and fast so he stayed up late one night. So that shit would not fly with me. Tell him next time he needs to finish a project if he wants to start it BC u don't have the time to do mans work..
  • @sehra4177 that's part of what pisses me off.. It's not like he doesn't have time. He only works three days a week! When he's off, he either takes naps all day, does something that isn't important, goes to help his brother (ugh, that's another thing-- his brother has been supposed to help us with some things in the room, but he never has time.. but if he needs help with something, my husband has to drop everything and go immediately. Wtf.).. OR he says he's going back there to work, and then ends up just staring at everything.. literally. It's so annoying. But I'm done waiting. the longer it takes to do our room, the longer we have to wait to start my son's room and all of his stuff that I need has to stay packed up.
  • @JULES HE NEVER FINISHES ANYTHING HE STARTS, AND IF HE DOES ACTUALLY START SOMETHING I ASK HIM TO, IT'S LIKE THREE YEARS LATER.. examples: he was going to refinish the swinging door to the kitchen while I was pregnant with my daughter. she's now 1, and the door is still at the wood shop he took it to to work on. another, I asked him to put a shelf in the laundry room of the house we lived in previously (nothing huge, simple 2x6 with two L-brackets).. no joke, it was two years later before I got my shelF. CAN I BORROW YOUR MAN FOR A FEW DAYS? my honey-do list is pretty long, and I need someone to actually do it!
  • @lucyloo288 yes u can borrow my handy man. His ex wife still does even though she has husband. Last time she couldn't figure out how to put her crib together and what kind of screws to use for the baby she was having with this guy.. Because I guess he didn't know how to. The time before it was something with the internet. Then before that it was the pool.. The list goes on oh and all within the last 2 years lol. And she doesn't care about how I feel obviously...But next ur man don't do something like the shelf tell him u can't do laundry :)
  • Ahh I see...mine works 5 days a week. I mean I try to understand he may be tired but sometimes it gets old. I see your dilemma bc I'd be really pissed if he had time for other people but no time to do the room for you.
  • Oh my!! Fly me over and I'll finish your whole house in 6 months!! Lol.
  • @jules You have a good man if he's still helping his ex with stuff like that! Lol.

@sehra4177 I mean, I know he works hard to support our family, and I don't expect him to work on this stuff every day that he is off or anything.. but putting some kind of effort into getting it done would be REALLY nice. I don't even mind if he were to go help his brother occasionally, IF he would either get his brother to help us like he promised, or just accept the fact that his brother isn't going to actually help us and get someone else to help or do it himself. (I would prefer if he just left his brother alone, because I don't personally like the guy, but I know its his brother, and I won't come between that. And this isn't the first time that we've waited and waited and waited for his brother to do something he said he would. You think my husband would learn...)

@Mrs4c Girl, if I could, I would! This isn't the only project we need to get done.. our kitchen is unfinished (we bought the house that way, so its not hubs' fault) and I can only imagine how long that would take him to complete!!

@BlessedTXmom I think we all just need to band together and pick up our men's slack!
  • I paint, fix broken stuffs, mow the yard, take out trash, build and put up my own shelves, and negotiate car deals. On TOP of doing all my own crap like taking care of babies, cooking, cleaning, etc. Lol
  • Thank you! He likes to help.. But she was being rude unless she needed something so he tries to stay away lol.
    @lucyloo288
  • Lol you would think he'd learn but men aren't as smart as women;) I kid I kid...ha ha! But anyway I hear what your saying.
  • @Mrsstanley_x2 well aren't you just WonderWoman! Lol. I can do some things, if I ever have time.. but never to his standards, so I just don't bother. He can either do what I ask when I ask, or stfu about how I do it when he won't. I've even told him that.

@jules that's how his brother is. Wish he would learn to let it be... But whatevs.

@sehra4177 sometimes I wonder! ;)
  • Ya I'm sure that's hard. @lucyloo288
  • Oh no see I don't WANT to do all those things. Haha I just have to or they won't get done :/