ppd?

My lo will be 3 weeks on Tuesday. I have a lot of days where i just want to cry. For no reason. I just get so overwhelmed by everything and i cry. I love her so much. I am just having a hard time adjusting to some things. I have been having nightmares about my labor the past two nights. Idk what's going on. Im just sad...

Comments

• This early on it could still be the baby blues. Your hormones are still settling and I experienced a sense of being overwhelmed and crying about 3 weeks pp too. It sucks! Just know its temporary, you're still adjusting.
  • I have been like this since we came home. I feel like im drowning sometimes. My husband doesn't seem to be concerned tho. So maybe i shouldn't be either? @mijita
  • Some new mothers have a hard time adjusting, so it is possible adjustment for you is a little slower. If you feel desperate and very overwhelmed then I'd ask your mom or his mom for some help. Take a couple hours for yourself to take a walk, a coffee break, or whatever it is that calms you.

If you start having irrational thoughts or impulses, then I'd speak to your OB/PCP about being evaluated for PPD. At this point in time, I personally think it's what they call the baby blues.

Do you have sporadic bouts or is it constant?
  • I felt like this also after I had my Lo, I figured out it was from lack of sleep. There is not much you can do about Lo waking up but you could ask your hubby if he would wake up with lo sometimes, if your bfing feed her and hand her off to hubby so you can try to get some more rest. Do you get enough sleep?