what should i do

edited October 2012 in First time moms
My lo is almost 3 weeks old. What should i do with her when she is wide awake in the middle of the night? Play or watch tv or what? Im at a loss.

Comments

• Keep it quiet and dim and boring to teach her its night time. If you play etc you may end up with a night owl on your hands
  • She has two distinct wide awake periods. Couple hours at night.....like right now. And few hours midday. @tinka1326
  • If you want to switch those awake times to both be during the day you need to make the night time as boring as possible so eventually she learns it's not worth staying awake and just go back to sleep after a feed.
  • I am having this issue as well when she is still asleep I go make her a bottle. I change her then I turn off the light flip on a night light to make I dim and feed her. After that I burp her and swaddle her and rock her to sleep. She I 5 weeks old and we started this a few nights ago so far so good also try too keep her up more durring the daytime hours my lo use to sleep 3 to 4 hours during the day in cycles now I keep her awake for at least a hour and she sleeps 4 hours at a time during the night :-) keep your head up momma its hard but you can do it :-)
  • Levi has only had a few wide awake in the middle of the night prob 6 times since he was both in june. Like everyone said keep it boring. I don't turn lights on, I don't talk or interact with him. When I change him I turn the hall light on not his light. And then I feed him and he goes back to sleep!
  • Yepp keep it as dark and quiet as possible.
  • Dark and quite if she needs diaper or bottle whatever don't say anything just take care of it keeping in dark and put her back she well learn.