TTC soon!! Any advice after Mirena would be appreciated :)

edited October 2012 in Second pregnancy
I had my beautiful baby girl last Nov 10th. She will be 1 soon. I have a appt on the 18th to remove my mirena. Very excited to try for our 2nd miracle. Anyone gotten their mirena removed? How was it trying to conceive after it and how long did it take for you?

Comments

• Eek! I had a bad experience with this and there's actually a lawsuit against it but it took me a year and it resulted in.a mc. Good luck
  • My friend had a miscarriage after it to an then got pregnant again a few months later an now has a 10 month old
  • @LaFiiTz89 what is the lawsuit? @novmom2be I had mirena in for a little over a yr we have been ttc for a couple yrs now. So long... I lost track. :( But many woman have conceived successfully. Good luck to u. U might also want to google "Mirena crash" before removal so u aren't totally surprised if ur body reacts to it being removed.
  • I got mine removed march 1st and a positive blood test march 29th, good luck!!
  • Thank you ladies :) Im hoping I have success.
  • That its causing miscarriages after and infertility problems. I got an email a while back sayin I got part of the settlement...$10. Woopty do @mommyof3girls
  • I know this is like a month old but...my friend had her first baby in April 2010, got the mirena removed like 2-3 months later and found out she was pregnant like a week later after she had it removed. Now she has a healthy 4 month old...she talked about trying for number 3 like a couple months ago and I said she was crazy!! Lol
  • @trixiesmom8 Thank you for your input. I did take out my mirena but have to postpone TTC. I need a leep procedure done this week :( but I have high spirits it will happen when we start TTC. Lol to your friend. Thats how my mind works too. :)
  • Well I hope everything goes well and you have your sticky baby soon!:-)
  • My bff got it taken out 3 days.later had a 5 day period now she has a 7 month old
    But she's like me.fertile mertile
  • Thanks @trixiesmom8
    @ripkaydence goodness that was fast!
  • edited November 2012
    I got my bfp on my first cycle after I took out mirena..which we didn't expect at all, we thought it would take alot longer but I had it out on Sept 6th, ovulated Oct 4th and had a bfp on Oct 16th!! it was like BAM instant pregnant! Haha
  • I got pregnant a year after I had mine removed. We weren't trying during that year though. I had mine removed because I was in constant pain.
  • I got mine removed in June and got preggers the beginning of October. We weren't really "trying", just not preventing.
  • @scarlettsmama wow that was fast!! Lol congrats
    @sands3 shows me lots of hope
    @brookiesbaby that's pretty quick too!
    Unfortunately I will have to post pone atleast 3 mths TTC I got a leep procedure done today :( but I have faith and my time will come :) thanks so much on all yalls advice
  • I did get my mirena removed last month so atleast my cycles can get back on track it's the knowing im ovulating and can't BD dance for 3 mths that will suck lol
  • My friend got pregnant 2 weeks later, but ti didn't stick and the doctor said it was because she was on Mirena so long her uterus had no lining for the baby to stick.