bedtime rice/oatmeal cereal bottle

edited October 2012 in Sleep
I'm one of those firm believers that the rice/oatmeal mixed with formula night time bottle is why my baby has been sleeping through the night since she was 2.5/3 months old. Now that she is 1 and drinking cow milk (except her night time cereal/formula bottle) I'm wondering what to do about that night time bottlE. Im ready to stop her formula completely.. but does she still need that cereal at night? Also, when do I give her the last bit of milk for the night if i dont do cereal anymore? right now we do bath, cereal bottle, bed. I dont want to mess her up and have her waking up hungry/thirsty.

Comments

• Can you just put the cereal in with her cow milk? Or feed her regular oatmeal from a spoon before bed, then give her the milk bottle. Cow milk has a crap ton of calories, so it might even hold her over through the night without cereal.
  • I cut out the bottle completely the day after Kaylee turned one. She ate dinner with us and that was the end of bottles with rice cereal. Has she started drinking out of a sippy cup yet?
  • I was also putting it in my daughters bottles, once I switched her I put in her bottles still and slowly stopped doing it.
  • Well I do similar I give her cereal at 6pm then bath, then at 7pm she has bottle and then 8 sometimes 8:30 bed. Maybe if u give her little with dinner it will all have same effect BC work for me. Scarlett sleeps all night until 9am.
  • @tootie08 yea she loves her sippy. She only gets the 1 bottle with the cereal. The rest is all sippy.

@fate I wasnt sure how it'd mix in woth regular cow milk. I'll probably try just normal cow milk and see how she does through out the night.

@morgdeebee how did she do without it?

@mom2ing thanks for the reassurance. I'm pretty sure she'll do fine since she eats well.
  • She did fine without it, it mixed in with her cows milk just fine.
  • I just started putting it in jacks nighttime bottle. He's never been a good sleeper and the cereal def helps. He eats extremely well during the day but he's a big boy.
  • I put the cereal in whole milk wen my daughter turned one I gave it to her n a sippy rite before bedtime then slowly weaned her off it
  • @mrz_Jackson thanks! Ill probably start doing that the next few days.