I'm all for bf but this is just WRONG!!

edited October 2012 in Breastfeeding
I understand wanting to bf and not being able to and how heart breaking that is... but this is extreme....

http://www.safm.com.au/funandgames/home/blog/breastfeeding-dog-completes-me/20121018-hgef.html

Comments

• In a sense.. I see nothing wrong with it.. but I believe the breast milk should at least be in a bottle.

We drink cows milk, goats milk, eat eggs from various animals, etc.
  • @caroline8_p fair point... but I don't just go sucking on a cows udder... its pumped first then I drink it...
  • Omg I just read this lastnight
  • I will be honest about something that I did recently... Laugh all you want but I felt like I HAD to help somehow.. I donated 6 bags of my breast milk to a kitten that was found under a car. It was a week old then.. I, however, would not breastfeed an animal. Icky.
  • @fate I can totally understand that and would happily do the same thing.... but letting a dog suck on your nipple is way different (just my opinion)
  • Right. I dunno, it seems very disgusting to me.. I didn't even know that an old dog like that would remember how to suck?
  • pup is 2yrs (child is 9)

which is why i stated the bottle, lok. I just couldn't.
  • Call me crazy but this is very intriguing. I see nothing wrong witb it. Judge me if you want. I got my puppy when she was 2 months old. I was bf my lo at the time. My puppy would nip @ my boobies. I once offered her my boob to see if she'd latch. She tried but it didnt work out. Like i said, judge if you want.
  • @Steph_Due_101611 Wow!!! That would have been double duty for you if it worked. No judgment here that made me giggle a liitle trying to picture a pup latching on. I would have been afraid for my boobie.
    I gave my gmil bm for her dog. If we were in Cleveland I could not drive the milk home with me so she gave it to her dogs. I figured at least it wasn't poored out.
  • This is just flat out weird and unnatural....
  • HOLY MOLY, That pup is huge!

I think she missed the train and is trying to make up for her losses. Goodness sakes I can't even say what I want to as I have no right. To each their own, eeeeek.
  • Is it that much more unnatural than us drinking cows milk?? Lol sure we don't do it straight from the cow, but we cross mammals to get nutrients. Ipersonally find it strange, but hey, to each their own. Lol
  • There is something seriously wrong with her IMO!
  • @natashalynn everyone is gonna have different opinions. We don't drink straight from a cows utter. Even so, animals are made for us to use that way. Milk & meat. We were not created to produce for THEM, hence why we have our own kids. This is just weird and yes very unnatural IMO. I'm allowed to have one as are you :)
  • @mamalove that's where we differ, I don't think animals are made solely for our purpose. We use them, absolutely, but they have their own kids too.
    This is kinda getting off topic. Lol At the end of the day, you're right. We all have different opinions. Never said you couldn't! The world would be extremely boring if we all thought the same, especially for someone who likes hearing different sides of things, debates, for lack of better word. Cheers.
  • edited October 2012
    @natashalynn well, I eat meat and drink cows milk, I eat eggs, chicken, turkey, pork, ham, etc, etc. so, to me, that's what those animal's purposes are... And dogs and cats are well, pets. Not babies to nurse lol :)
  • I just wanna say... Hahahahaha this whole post made me giggle.
  • Wow. I find this so wrong. If she pumped it wouldn't bother me, but having an adult dog suck on your nipple is wrong in so many ways.
  • LMAO @EzrasMommy, I can't stop laughing!!!
  • Yep I'm with you @ezrasmommy ...
  • Hopefully he don't bite off her boob