I know boys are different..

edited October 2012 in Breastfeeding
I love breastfeeding.. I did a little experiment with my son to see how much he was actually eating when he nursed. He seemed to want to be fed every 2 hours for nearly an hour at a time. I know I make oodles of milk and just figured he's a slow eater. Well, I filled a bottle to 8oz of breast milk (so I wouldn't have to stop and fill it up more if he ate like 4oz and was still hungry) I timed the usual hour that he nurses on me... He drank that entire bottle in that hour.. That just seems like a lot for a 13 week old? I waited for him to puke but he didn't.. He burped and was happy.. Fell asleep about 20 minutes later. Do you think it's too much?

Comments

• nope not too much :) slow and steady
  • No, he's doing things to his perfection!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks ladies. I was curious because Corri only drank 4oz at this age and still only drinks about 6oz at a time. Lol. She's teeny weeny though...
  • Every baby is different. My 1yr old still only drinks 4-5oz bottles at a time. She only drank between 3-4 until 6-7months. And people were worried she wasnt eating enough. Well shes just perfect in size i think. She was fed on demand. Babies dont over eat usually. They're not like us. If he ate that 8oz bottle, wasnt fussy, didnt puke, he's just fine.
  • I still can't even get my baby to drink 4oz at times let alone 8oz.. and she's 3 months :-D your son loves to eat ... :)