Mexican dish recipe...

edited October 2012 in Military moms
My husbands squadron does a dinner once a month for the guys in the barracks. Nov theme is Mexican night. I need a good, easy recipe. Most of these guys don't ever get a home cooked meal. Thanks!

Comments

• awe thats so nice for them to get a home cooked meal.look up mexican stuff shells.just saw the recipe at work in a magazine.n was gna google it for directions looked easy n yummy
  • @Momeetob1 thanks. That sounds good
  • Shredded chicken for tacos. You fill a crockpot with boneless chicken, add a jar of salsa with a packet of taco seasoning. Cook for 4-6 hrs.. Simple and easy.
  • We do a green chili enchiladas cassarol(sp) that is super easy.

2cans shredded chicken
    2cans cream of.chicken soup
    2cans dived green chilies
    1container sour cream
    Mix in a frying pan warm

Layer cassarol dish with corn tortillas then chicken.mix and a layer of cheese then repeat the layering process. Cover with foil back on 350 till bubbly and cheese on top is melted.

You can add olives if you want and adjust green chilies to your own preference.
  • No problem! Oh make sure you spray the.bottom of the pan with a cooking oil or the.bottom tortillias will stick to the pan lol.
  • Instead of cooking the all all day you can just get a couple pounds of chicken breast cut it up into small pieces cook it in a lightly greased skillet then for every pound of chicken you use you'll need a packet of chicken taco mix...then just follow the directions on the back of the packet
  • Okay so you've received a bunch of yummo recipes already but I'll throw mine in anyway, lol. This is super easy and probably the best dip I've ever had.

Taco Dip

Ingredients

1/2 pound ground beef
    1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
    2 tablespoons water
    4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1 cup salsa
    1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
    1 tomato, diced (optional)
    1 handful cilantro (optional)

Directions

1. Brown the ground beef in a pan, drain the grease add the taco seasoning and water, mix and simmer until the water evaporates. 2. Mix the beef, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, salsa and cheeses in a large bowl, reserving some of the cheese. 3. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and top with the reserved cheese. 4. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until it is bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes. 5. Optionally serve topped with fresh tomato and cilantro.
  • Don't know how many you're feeding, but I make salsa chicken.. all it is is boneless skinless breasts, rub with taco seasoning, cover with salsa and bake for 35 minutes at 350. When done cover with cheese and finish baking until cheese is melted. I like mine with sour cream on it when its time to eat!
  • @lucyloo288 that sounds really good. I don't have to make a ton of food because others are pitching in.

So many yummy recipes. I don't know which to chose. Maybe I'll make more than one
  • I was going to say Enchiladas as well one of my favorite:) you could also do chicken or Shrimp fajitas, fried roll tacos I'm not too sure of the name but they are so good. Or a soup chicken or shrimp or beef I think it is lol sorry I could only think of stuff I like and I mostly e
    at shrimp or chicken:)
  • Or tostadas. So many of them and so delicious:))))
  • I took that Mexican pizza recipe and made it for dinner it was easy n good