Breastfeeding question, preferably past 1 year-ers.

edited October 2012 in Breastfeeding
Malia is 14 months, still breastfeeds on demand.. but, when we are laying down, she likes to get herself up and switch boobs. Not for a full boob feeding, just a few sips, then back to the other several times. She'll do this during the day too. It doesn't concern me, but how can I fix it without hurting her feelings. Im just as much attached in the journey as she is. Weaning is not in my agenda.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Ha ha ha, welcome to my world! Lily will switch back and forth multiple times during a nursing session. I've tried restricting the other boob and that never goes well. Stop it while you still have a chance. I would suggest keeping the other boob covered and not allowing her access to it.

Oh, and Lily is 15 months.
  • @mijita, she's already in to deep. She's been doing it for at least a month, maybe a little longer. I tried covering it, thats a no-go as she'll fuss. lol.
  • Lol mine son tries to lay on his belly a bf. i have big boobs but darn that baby tries to pull them off.
    No real help tho that just made me giggle a little because I could picture little man doing that.
  • Well, Victoria is 11 months (she'll be 1 in less than 2 weeks) and she does the same thing. Sometimes she drinks her fill from each breast, and other times she samples back and forth. I didn't think it was a big deal :/ My supply seems fine. Should I try to keep her from doing that?
  • Its not really bothersome to the supply or anything. . but I have to adjust every time. She wants to lay ON me when she feeds from the left, and on the bed (often on her stomach too @char, lol) for the right boob. (at nap/bedtimes) @Tishj330
  • @caroline8_p, LOL she's driving you batty isn't she? Victoria likes to chase my boobs down...like they're going somewhere LOL! She's a silly hungry baby
  • Who has had their lo try to pull them out in an embarrassing place, mine the bank every time, and grocery shopping his hand is always in my shirt.
  • @char Malia, definitely on the way home every morning after I work. Daddy brings her and we switch off. But we ride the subway home, and she tries pulling my shirt down.. I dont even feed her that way, lol. She just started saying "boibah" I absolutely love it! If we are on the train that takes longer, I'll feed her, or if I have to stop somewhere else before we get home. I feed her.
  • @caroline8_p I always feed AJ before leaving and the store MAYBE 15 minutes away. That baby just loves him some mommy milk.
    He has also tried to lay on my belly to eat but then he tries to roll off my side without letting go. I wouldn't trade one minute of it for the world thou, of course a little less stretching would be nice.
  • I wear a bra that she cant pull down. Mines 16 months and ive never let her switch boobs though.
  • I'm no help but I'm in the exact same boat. It's like he makes a game of it now. :-W
  • Although iv stopped breastfeeding this past week my Charlie did that too, he would constantly switch even I kept a bra on he would just pull it out lol and he would pinch and pull the nipple he wasnt feeding on! It was a horrible feeling and nothing worked I even tried clamping my hand over my breast but he would pull it off untill I gave in. I guess its a comfort thing, sorry Im not much help :)