how to take the boobie away-help

edited November 2012 in Breastfeeding
My daughter will be 1 on Saturday and that is wen I want to stop breastfeeding. I have no idea on how to stop though! I have so many questions like wat do I do wen she wants it? How do I start giving her whole milk? Do I warm it up? Put it a sippy cup? How do I put her to sleep at night? How do I make my milk dry up?
I know its a process I'm at school all day so I already only feed her a night. I can really ask my mommy in law for help cuz she against me stopping and my bf well he doesn't have boobies lol and my sister in law is still breastfeeding. Can someone please help?

Comments

• U have to take it day by day... try giving her the bottle at night n see how she takes it... as for whole milk start adding it in the bm little by little to see if she likes it... I don't know the correct way of drying up the milk... it took me 2m to get my son fully off n at times he still wants it n he's 17m
  • I'm n the same situation idk how so I haven't even tryed idk wat I'm gonna do I also need help i feel so bad trying to take he's boobie away LOL the GD thing is I only bf from one said so only have to dry up one boob but intill then idk sry no help my son turned 1 on the 25th and that day I was supposed to stop but still going
  • I stopped the nights first and taught him to sleep through the night by letting him cry for ten minutes and then,laying him down and saying goodnight firmly but gently. It took 3 days for him to get used to it and few weeks to go bed without crying at all. When I had sorted that out I just stopped day feeding, I know your not supposed to but it worked brilliantly for me. I would just say no boobie now, he would go mad at first but again it only took a few days and he is now off the boob completely :) he does not like cows milk by its self so I add it to cereal and porridge and make smoothies with milk instead and give him juice. Its hard but once yoü stop make sure yoü stop because if yoü give in, it makes it so much harder. Also he has become more clingy since and wants more cuddles but I love it :)
  • @Roxy I only feed from one side too lol
    @tashalou I'm also trying to get her to sleep in her crib since I breastfed her we would co sleep
  • just pump some breast milk and put it n he's sippy cup I pumped 5oz hes not even trying to drike it ugh what a waste of breast milk hell drike he's water n a sippy cup but no milk
  • Cut out one feeding at a time..if you stop cold turkey you may end up with mastitis(sp).